Prices of Westfields

Mike dB

Afternoon,

Just a quick easy question (makes a change for me!;):D

What would/should you expect to pay for a 2l XE or Zetec engined Westfield from '96-'01 SEiW car? ???

Reason I ask is I'm selling our X-flow (SEiW '96) & erm think I might be making a mistake by thinking I could pick one up for <£9.5k relatively easily. :durr::durr::durr:

What do you think our car is 'worth' to? (1996 SEiW 150bhp x-flow, detacheable rear arches, cycle wings, ful weather, heater, rev limiter, Yellow, etc)

If you don't want to reply on here send me a PM or e-mail.

Cheers,

Mike dB

What would/should you expect to pay for a 2l XE or Zetec engined Westfield from '96-'01 SEiW car? ???

I paid less than 9k for my 1997 SEiW, 2 litre Zetec (on carbs). Factory built, very good condition, full weather gear. This was in December of last year.

Andy

Mike, I think your prices are about right - might have to drop a little on yours, but I'm sure your budget for intended purchase will be OK.

Good Luck!

You know the alternative of course........put a new engine in yours.......cos you know that its a good'un

How much do people budget for Zetec conversion £2k..ish?

How much do people budget for Zetec conversion £2k..ish?

*spits diet coke across screen*

I think if you double that figure you'll be close, unless you can do ALL the work yourself thenn you'll save about £1k in labour!  :0

Going on;

Engine £500 (2nd hand)

ECU £500

Exhaust £500

Radiator £100 (2nd hand)

LSD £150 (2nd hand)

Bellhousing £100

Engine mounts £100

Fuel Pump £75

Hoses £100

Twin 45's £250 (2nd hand)

Clutch £250

The list is endless!!  :(

1999 SEiW 2l zetec Twin 45's Weber/Alpha 3D ignition(180bhp). here for £9150

2001 Westfield SEW (Wide Body, Live axle) 2ltr Vauxhall XE (built 3000 miles ago) - approximately 180bhp

here for £9250

LSD £150 (2nd hand)

why do you need an LSD to convert to zetec?  surely this is an optional extra that you may or may not get with a 2nd hand car?  it is an upgrade you can do at any time

If you want to convert to Zetec in a Years or so's  time you can have my Zetec complete from engine mounts to bellhousing.

All this for sensiable money. you just have to wait for me to save up enough for a duratec.

Paul.

There seem to be a lot of nice 16v cars for a lot less than 10k these days.  You should definetly find a good one as has been said already.  I think the price for your car could maybe be between 6.5-7k, given that its a 96 car.  Most Xflows from a lot earlier go for about 5k so the extra 1.5k over that for yours which is a lot newer and is a wide body makes yours sound quite reasonable.  Theres a lot of factors to consider when pricing the car to sell and the engine is just one of them.  Its probably the thing that has most sway on price at it is the most expensive thing to change but there are lots of other factors to consider and it looks like your car is a right booby dazzler.  What have you done to that poor XFlow to extract 150BHP out of it?

its a KIT CAR man....whats the matter with you??! :p  :arse:  :devil:

I don't have the facilities, the knowledge or the patience to do DIY on a car.  Isn't that what Paul Aspden is for (Plays Kool) to carry out all our work?  :durr:

As to what I have done to get 150BHP from a x-flow that would be telling but Aldon automotive made it produce 150bhp before I bought the car!

I have got dnyo sheets to prove it (how do you use photoshop again?)

I thought the spec of a car and the build quality determined most of the price, and age etc counted for just a little bit.

Have I got it all wrong ? I thought mine would fly away for the money but seems to have not had huge interest, Should I be putting it up for less ?

1988 Sei 4age professionally converted by Raw Engineering with lots of new bits this year including 4 pots, rac bar, quickrack, Avos, mint condition all round and I am after £6,995 - is this too much? ???

If early Xflows are going for 5ish then its not much more to pay for a 4age which is a whole different kettle of fish.

Confused.

Nick

Maybe people want a Wide bodied car instead of a narrow, if they want a narrow they can have a cateringvan with x-flow for ~£7k ???

As for a wide cateringvan as opposed to a wide Westy they are much more expensive? (stabbing wildly in the dark).

To me an '88 car is 'really' old even if it's been rebuilt from scratch (in MY mind).  For ~£2k more you could get a '98/'99 spec 2l XE/Zetec in independent wide flavour.

With most cars what you spend you don't get back (from modifying anyway). IMO of course!  :)  :0

As for a wide cateringvan as opposed to a wide Westy they are much more expensive?

Wide caterhams (SV model) have only been around a couple of years, wide westfields since 1990.

For ~£2k more you could get a '98/'99 spec 2l XE/Zetec in independent wide flavour

But that's a big bit of extra wedge - about 30% more.

I didn't think £7k was unreasonable for Nick's car as it looks a nice one and has all the bits on it. I spose it's that it's no mans land money - ie above entry level (5k) but below next step up level (9k). It would cost a *lot* more than 2k to convert a boggo £5k xflow to that spec.

I reckon there's a buyer out there at that money Nick, praps rewrite the ads without the year and wait for people to ask when they phone - you've got the foot in the door then and can wax enthusiastic lyrical.