• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Next Cambridge Area Meeting 24/10/04

chazpowerslide

Yeh guys...top day again.

Well done Liam and Neil for holding up the Westfield flag on the 1/4 mile  :t-up:

Neil's 16 second run was an excellent virgin run.

Liams sub 15 second run was excellent when pitted against alot more expensive machinery.  Not bad for an old for a pinto lump :0

Driver of the day must go to the Vespa ....1/4 mile sub 15 secs, 84 MPH....R1 was struggling to keep up

:D  :D

2315.jpeg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrashBangWallop

• chazpowerslide

• ChrisF

• ROC

Beaten by a mod on a bl**** scooter.....oh the shame of it :down:

I console myself in the thought that it was obviously an evo model with clandestine factory backing on a huge budget and therefore was cheating.

Pleasure to meet you ROC....... are there any more members in Northampton then :devil:

Thoroughly enjoyed myself - thanks to Chaz again (and ROC).

Stopped sweating yet  Andrew:0  - you were just looking for an excuse to buy a new nosecone weren't you, so you could fit those indicator pods :p  :D

Yeah, top day out.

I think that we'll add a RWUB to the calender for next year.

The guy on the R1 had got to be the star attraction, I'll explain for those who were not there.

This guy had a brand new R1 and had passed his test just two weeks ago (as we found out later)

He line up against a Bandit 1200 and took ages to stage as he seemed to have really poor clutch control, the strater marshal had to explain to him what he needed to do several times.

He eventually staged and red-lined the motor as the lights changed and let go of the clutch lever!!!!!!!

I expected to see the R1 flip, instead the rear span up and the bike slewed 90 degrees towards the centre barrier of the two lanes as it smashed into advertising hordings throwing the rider off who also demolished said boards with his head.

Bike and rider ended up their sides as about 200 people looked on sniggering.

So, this guy paid his £25 got about two feet off the line on his first run before binning his brand new bike causing at least a grands worth of cosmetic dammage in front of 200 spectators.

On his second attempt he stalled it nearly dropping it in the process     :down:

I think the highlight for me was the supercharged nitrous Hayabusa, 181 mph at 7.6 secs, that was top fuel dragster teratory 25 years ago, well impressive.

Thanks to ROC for helping organising the day.

Chaz.

Sounded like a good day out  :)

I ended uo doing my first track day at Bassingbourn on the Saturday, nice and dry in the morning, but got a little damp in the afternoon :( which led to a few offs.

Car took a bit of a hammering, tyres have seen better days :devil:  so i thought i'd give the Xtreme a day of rest in the garage.

Well, many thanks for the comments about my brakes and thank Christ I stopped in time.

No excuses to make just having a funny five minutes with the sun in my eyes, wet leaves under the tyres and with Liams orange areo screen behind I just didn't stand a chance.

PS Sorry ROC

Andrew

Andrew,

Bet it got your heart going a bit quick :D  I was waiting for the bump, so was a relief for us both :p   Looked spectacular in the mirrors though :D  :D

Rich.

I was wondering what who was responsible for the screeching tyers, having another moment Andy?

I must say that lack of "crunch" was welcome after the sounds of such a long lock-up :oops:

:p

Chaz.

The pics I took and the ones I have received thus far are on the website now.

Still trying to digitise the bl**** footage :(

Hi Chaz   thanks for the great day out at santa pod my son James wishes he had come now , your organising just gets better and better. I was enjoying the blat home behind you on the Kimbolten road so when we reached St Neots I thought s**t I still had Mark sitting next to me so back up the A 1 again.I saw all the smoke from tyes in my rear view mirror didnt realise it was Andrew hope his new belts took the strain? Thanks again DICK