TOTB II

gregh

ticket only, some awesome BHP listed on the entrants list.

Anyone going?

info here

Welcome to the home of Ten Of The Best (TOTB).

After the spectacular success of last years TOTB I we are pleased to announce that TOTB II will be bigger and better than ever with even more of the fastest road-legal cars going head to head to decide the fastest car in the UK.

TOTB II is being eagerly anticipated and the competition will be even more intense than last year. Make no mistake about it, this is THE event that people are building their cars for! TOTB II is "the performance event of the year."

Front, rear and four wheel drive cars will clash in a supreme test of power and handling that will eclipse even last years most spectacular cars. This time the cars will be even faster. Last years TOTB I Champion "Rocket Ronnie" will be back defending his title along with the winning Scoobies, Evos, Skylines, RS Turbo's, Vipers, Supra's, GTI-R's and many others.

MAJOR NEWS FOR 2003 -

TOTB is pleased to announce the sponsorship of Redline magazine of Future Publishing as the "media partner" for this years event.

Sky TV are televising this years event on Sky Sports with a prime time slot.

Am going but not in the XTR.

150ish hp won't do too well I reckon lol :D

I do

Better ones are .................. I have  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D

Four of us from the east Yorkshire group went over there a couple of weeks ago for one of the preliminary rounds of this.

The best bit was when Kev Stabler started arguing with the guy on the gate (who wanted £6 to get in) demanding to speak to the 'manager' --> We all got in for free! :)  Well done Kev :t-up:

It wasn't anything special IMO, cars were running 1/4 miles in about 12.5 secs, cars were flying off everywhere on a slalom circuit and some were stonechipping themselves to death on the 2 mile straight for max speed runs.

What I found most dissapointing, was that there was no 'matrix' display for the 1/4 mile runs - they were simply printed out every so often on an A4 sheet and then stuck in a caravan window.  So if something looked quick, you couldn't tell for half an hour or so :arse:

The most interestring thing for me was talking to an M3 owner, the car was about 'N' reg and standard except that the speed limiter had been de-programmed / removed.... even he couldn't believe the printout showing he topped out at 178mph!

Jon

1st week near Orlando (Disney stuff) 2nd week in Sarasota (chilling on the beach) :D  :D  :cool:  :t-up:

David

Nice!

Sarasota

:love:  :love:  :love:

Don't miss Armands Circle (shops and restaurants) and Long Boat Key - beach.

Fantastic!

Apologies to Greg.............didn't mean to hijack the thread :0  :0

Our apartment is on Lido beach :D  :D  also going to check out Myakka River State Park :cool:

Yes got my tickets today.  If the weathers nice it will be packed out, i believe the tickets are limited in numbers though and you cant pay on the gate!

Martin Bells blade powered Fury won the RWD class in the handling course last year, upsetting many high powered BHP cars.

The main event will be Simon Norriss 800 bhp EVO up against Rocket Rons close to 1000bhp skyline.

Rocket Ron won just about all the trophys last year.........

Should be fun.

:)

Martin Bells blade powered Fury won the RWD class in the handling course last year, upsetting many high powered BHP cars

Fury's rule. You know it to be true.

Extra 30bhp in mine, and it's gonna be red, which is much quicker than white.