Steve Cropley built the weasel?

samcooke

My mate says famous tubby bearded motoring journalist Steve Cropley was the building force behind the diesel westfield.

Shall I hit him for lying?  ???

No I don't think so my correspondence with him and Richard along with the origional documentation shows him as a partner in events although at that time he seemed to want to appear impartial. I can say however that his intimate knowledge of my Weasel is so detailed that it could only come from someone who had been involved with the build. He is obviously a Westfield fan and friends like that are useful.

Said friend is a renowned ASAR (Autocar Subscribing Anal Retentive) so I bet that's where he got it from.

Does that mean you got a mention Mr Weasel?

Can I have your autograph?  :)

I met Mr Cropley at the festival of speed last year and he is a smashing fella and a proper enthusiast.

Have had some correspondence with him in the past and I agree - he seems a really nice, petrol headed, guy !

And usually writes sensible stuff too!

Richard Wiltshire was the engine development man behind the weasel  :D Westfield themselves did a lot of build on it

Chris Smith actually drove it once in a BARC Westfield race meeting  :D  I think at Mallory Park  ???

It also used to sport a prototype boot-box cover  :D  :D  :D

Anorak at the ready  :blush:  :blush:  :D  :D

Yep it still has the prototype boot box cover, no hinges it is located on two pegs set at base os roll bar and locks at the front as normal.

and I've got the other one in burgundy  :D  :D

Interesting to know about the boot box development I didn't know that before. Interesting to see also the views on Steve Cropley - he is sending me colour copies of the origional Weasel roadtests for my provenance file which is decent. I believe Weasel was in each of the two books done about Westies does anyone know is this is so and what the books are called?