4 seater coupe....

gregh

If you had a budget of £30k, what decent performing coupe would you get? Need to be able seat 2 adults and 2 kids.

new, second hand, or coming soon a possibility!

So far I intend to look at the Mazda RX8, maybe a Merc CLK, but what else?

Can you get any 4 seater porkers at all?

cheers,

greg

4 seater Porsche..?? That'll be the Cayenne!!!

Beemer 330 Ci - if you can put up with the 3 series image...

Jag XK

Cerbera..

Erm, a 911 has four seats, last time I looked.

And it just so happens that that's the car you want.

£30k will get you a sound 993 carrera 2. Which will:

Hold its value better than the mazda and do more to the gallon.

Be much more reliable than a TVR and drive better.

Have a manual box, unlike an XK. Although an XK is a very pretty, very classy tool, I'd have a go in one if waft factor is more important than engineering and driving pleasure. Both porker and XK have equally horrible cockpits.

Good tool for this type of malarky is http://www.parkers.co.uk/ go to car chooser and click on the model you're thinking about, it gives you other options and you can compare performance, consumption etc

How about a capri?

A Capri.............now you're talking. Blow your wad on a nice genuine RS3.1, and have plenty left over to buy a really good Westfield, to go with your really good Westfield.........

Oh yeah, two Westfields have 4 seats also..........spend the change on some air tools/compressor/4 post lift/double garage etc etc.....

I'll get me coat......

And if you're in any doubt about the ability of a capri to blow the doors off a 911 - take a trip out with a Mr Willie Green.

Saw my first ever 3.1 on the road a few months ago in lime green no less with hewge ducktail.

Almost bought one in 1983 or 4, when I was still *just* a teenager.....had to content myself with a Sebring Red 3.0l GXL Mk1 facelift.......those were the days.........

Sorry Greg.............

Back on topic........

Merc or Beemer, as mentioned, Porkka until the kids are too big/big enough to complain about the seating in the 911......

Careful she doesn't find out a TT has four seats...

she has a TT now  :p

but when the baby needs to go into a forward facing seat, the 3 year old will have to then move behind the drivers seat which = no leg room at all! And the forward seat we have isn't really suitable for a one year old.

The deal was I got an A4 diesel and Westie as long as she could get a decent car! Fortunately we get a company car allowance which makes it possible!

regards,

greg

Erm, a 911 has four seats, last time I looked.

Call those seats.....???:0  :0

ummmmm...

Alfa GTV?

Pug 406 Coupe (you could choose between 3.0V6 or HDi.. :0 )

Shame Renault have stopped making the Avantime........ :sheep:  :sheep:

Fortunately we get a company car allowance which makes it possible

Monthly budget, eh? Why not extend the period a little on the finance and slip into a DB7? Early ones are about £40k now. No finer way to arrive (except the capri).