• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Scuttle mounting holes

injidup

Hi boys n girls,

The kits supplied to Australia don't have the rivnuts inserted for the scuttle, so I'm going to have to drill them myself. :(

Can anyone provied pics or measurements for the location of the rivnuts? I have a Rivnut tool, but am not sure where the 3 holes each side should go.

Cheers,

Kev7n

Nor did mine (UK supplied) I inserted mine after fitting the body work. Fit the body and get everything to line up etc. I then mounted the scuttle on the lugs - drilled through the three holes with a small drill, removed the scuttle, opened up the holes in the body/chassis and then fitted the rivnuts. Perfect fit  :)

Paul

3 holes?  I`ve only got two each side?

Whats everyone else got?

BTW I used rather than drilling the body so the rivnut sat on the chasis rail, I used the rivnut to clamp the body to the chasis, then the scuttle bolts to that.

I only had 2 so put the third in myself. Personally I would rather have had none because 1 of them was in the wrong place. Doing it yourself means you can drill through all 3 bits at once, scuttle, body, chassis. Guarentees alignment whereas I had to make a jig up.