• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Headgear

taffy

For summer blatting I usually wear a Baseball cap.

But lift off occours at about 60mph plus.

Last weekend I went back to my trusty Welsh bobble hat (without a bobble) and found that the turn up, flapped down over my eyes at a similar speed and usually at a critical moment in the taffmobiles situation.

It put a new meaning on the words "Red Mist" .

So Im now searching for the perfect headgear and was wondering what other Blatters have used!  :D

Any recommendations?

Rob

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Major Stare

• taffy

• Westfields Rock On

Top Posters In This Topic

When i had a screen i use Oakley glasses, if it was cool weather i'd wear a WESTFIELD wooly hat.

Now i have an Aeroscreen, so i only wear a helmet :t-up:

baseball cap with velcro adjuster. never comes off.

ive lost 2 with the buckle adjuster a nd one with popper notches on it.

Can thourolly recommend the "bald pate"

Available at any decent barber shop , or if really you can't afford one, try living with my missus for a week

:p  :p  :p

Calling Mr Hawkins - The Superstar of Westfield non blow off headgear  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

For summer time driving you can't beat a number 2 all over.

Winter time a good fitting wooly hat or Crash helmet if the weathers really bad.

Rich

When I had a screen: summer - hair/Davida goggles; winter - Lowe Alpine ski hat/goggles, windproof, fleece lined with fold down earmuffs/neck protection - toasty down to freezing + windchill. It also has a press stud to hold the peak up which stops you being beaten to death when running without sidescreens (the only way) :D

you'd never catch me in a wooly hat with a 'cuff' what you need my friend is a touque (beanie)!

frankly, i cant believe you can still buy them!

if you still want the knitted look try this

I've got a fleecy hat thing with flaps (sort of like a modern Deer-hunter hat) which come down and tie under your chin - that b******* isn't going anywhere, even with an aeroscreen  :t-up:

I use a kind of cossack hat with furry flaps and as for the current wife,she has a Lowe Alpine windstopper with not so furry flaps on.