Motorways

gregh

I'm driving to Mallory from Leeds tonight, do I take the easy route and blat down the M1, or work out a cross country route?

I've not driven the Westie on busy motorways before, I'll have the doors on, but is it really bad driving on busy motorways, with trucks etc?

cheers,

Greg

I've done mallory; stoneleigh and further on motorways with Aeroscreen and it's fine. Wear your helmet and you'll love it

No problem with the sidescreens on at all. When Mine was SVA'd I drove it 50 miles down the M1 to Nottingam without sidescreens. A memorable first drive.

Motorways are fine.

Just make sure you can see your mirrors properly with the sidescreens on and always shoulder check before you change lanes (Yes I know it should be standard practice)

Greg

You'll be fine, it just gets hardwork when it rains. :0  :0  :0

[Wimp]If it looks like rain tonight then sack the camping & set off early tomorrow[Wimp/] :sheep:

Andy

If you do drive down when it looks like rain take a couple of dry cloth's, a couple of tea-towels normally does it for me. Roll one lenghways & jam it between the top chassis rail & the door (this will stop your leg getting soaked) & use the other to wipe the inside of the screen.

motorways are fine, with aeroscreen, although i always wear a helmet on m'ways, speed & loose objects dont mix  :arse:

good point about the cloth for your windscreen, cause i noticed it was worse driving in the rain with a screen, than with the aero/helmet.

Wear earplugs..........

I regularly drive 250+ miles from my house to Cornwall, and it's all motorway apart from the last 60ish miles. No problems at all........

Does it work on sunglasses too? :D (can't drive the Westy without eye protection, sensitive eyes...)

Andy

Not tried it to be honest, but there is some stuff you can get for helmet visors which might be worth a look.

With an aeroscreen I usually wear contacts plus a decent pair of wrap-around sunglasses.  If it's raining I wear a helmet and have a cloth handy to wipe the visor.

I have a windscreen, but the buffeting around the sides is a problem for me (hence the XL-1s). Will have to give the Rain-X a try on the windscreen however.

Andy

I drove to Mallory fine, with the XL1's on, did the track day and drove back without the XL1's on, and boy did my eye's sting from the wind getting round my Oakleys.

So lesson learnt

I may try the Rain X on the inside of the screen, if you use it on the outside does it not make the wipers jump?

regards,

Greg

I use auto glym super resin polish on my helmet :blush:

sorry visor,  

water just beads off, cheaper than rain x aswell cause you can polish the whole car with it :xmas:

used to use it on the windscreen aswell (when i had one) inside & out, no problems with wiper blades jumping.

just to say, i have tried rain x & found it to be no better than auto glym.