• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick M

• Buzz Billsberry

• Mark Stanton

• Chris Elworthy

The British Grand Prix has not been included on the provisional calendar for the 2005 season.

F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone had set a deadline of today to find a promoter for the race but has failed to agree terms with Silverstone owners the British Racing Drivers' Club.

Full story to follow...

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=31255

I'm a fraid Greg Bernie Ecclestone is no F1 supremo he's a complete arrogant nunney!!

Buzz

I drop your tyre rack off this weekend

A "GP Britain" street race would be far better anyway

It will never ever happen not even in Brum and never in London

Buzz

*Devils Advocate* - Exactly how much of a loss would Silverstone be to the F1 World Circus ???

Yep its not very good for Silverstone or UK enthusiasts  :down:  :down: Which is what most of us are considering  :(  :down:

But Silverstone compared to the new Asian and middle eastern circuit and facilities - its just not in the same league  :down:  :down: and we simply can't afford to construct at that level anymore in the UK :down:  :down:  :down:  :bangshead:

Mark you really can't make a comparison between the two Silverstone is a converted WWII airbase and the Chinese Circuit is a purpose built $180 billion  development paid for mostly by the government to get  1 up on Bejing who's got the 2008 Olympic's Same with the Asia/middle East circuits all have had big investment from both government and private investors.

The one thing I do agree with the wrinkley old dwarf b******d was that the BRDC is run by a Gentlemen's Club but not run like gentlemen they should be in tennis.I totally agree.Its the last bastion of the 'old boy net work'.. get rid of the stuffy old funny hand shake brigade.Send them to the realms of tennis the ultimate old boys club u know the  Tea and stickys mob!!

Buzz

BRDC don't do themselves any favours. Brundle had a go at him during a pit walk about this year (I forget where), they're always speaking against him in the press.

We don't like it, but Bernie's in charge and you don't take the p*** out of the boss or he'll crap on you.

EDIT: Could Rockingham handle F1? It's got nice loos.

I did hear on the Radio this morning that there is going to be a possible alternative to F1, called the A1 World Series (or similar) which will have single spec. F1esque cars competing in an off-season series around the world on a nations Cup type basis. (this could even be the saviour of Cosworth Racing with an MBO).

This is true but its gonna be a winter series which will sit in between the F1 season finish/start

Buzz

They may have spent $180M on the Chinese circuit but the spectator facilities were terrible. 3Km walk from bus drop of to the stands, each way, no food on site, fast food just off site BUT NO RE-ENTRY.

They have some way to go to keep the spectators happy. Bernie and his 'associates' would not see that side of things.

I have a colleague who went and she was pretty p******** off with it.:angry:

I also wonder how dropping the UK race will have an effect on ratings/viewing. It seems to me that the "British Punter" spends more and will spend more than anyone else on sport, can he afford to ignore that.  But of course if you consider China...Fag sponsorship ..hmmm?? how many Billions!! no oen will go to the races...but they may well buy the fags.

Dave

Buzz

You throwing ya toys out of pram???????:angry:  :angry:

Hope you had a good time in the states......

Steve

Steve not at all Just think the poisoned dwarf is a w*nker and F1 is full of dull people even JB is now so professional he has A USB port in the back of the neck so he can be down loaded after each interview then up load v.2 reponse. Thank god for Rubens and Montoya. Just hope Mr Villeneuve sticks his bit in

Can you imagine a satg night with Ron Denis and DC f**k me.

As for the Trip to the States in went like this M62,Airport.plane,airport, bus, hotel,exhibition,hotel exthibition,hotel exhibition,car to Peterbuilt,car back to hotel exhibition hotel, exhibition airport plane airport,M62,home

How's things with you? R U at the next Manc meet ?

Buzz

Buzz

It is possible to make comparisons between Silverstone and every other F1 venue cos thats what its all about F1 - I'll be as sad as the next man about F1 leaving the UK even if it is a boring procession, simply because it is a unique event  ;)  ;)

Whatever your personal opinion is of Bernie - one thing that is a fact is quite simply he's avery astute and excellent businessman - and a money making business is F1  ;)  ;)  ;) tis a cold fact  :D  ;)

Tiz also true that Bernie made it the money making business that it is today.  It was he who made all the gentlemen team owners of the 50's and 60's rich (along with himself).

You have to remember that Colin Chapman made and sold Lotus 7's to finance his hobby that was Grand Prix racing.  These days the economics are somewhat different.  What chance Westfield making a McLaren F1 replica ?? :0

I heard that Mr Ecclestone was at Snetterton a few weeks ago with Mr Palmer.........how about a Norfolk Grand Prix?? After all Bernie grew up in the county.... :sheep:  :sheep:

You can hardly blame Bernie Ecclestone for wanting to get the maximum ammount of cash into the "sport".   Politics and sport don't go together, as the tobacco advertising issue shows.   The writing has been on the wall at Silverstone for many years now.   Any organisation that is as badly run as the F1 was there a couple of years back when the carpark turned into a swamp doesn't deserve to be recognised as a venue.

They had their chance to get it sorted, but it seems the BRDC needs an even bigger kick up the @rse than F1.   I still think this is brinkmanship, and BE is simply forcing them to get it sorted.

Time will tell.

I quite like the idea of getting back to grass roots, and giving lesser competitions a chance of making the big time.   WSCC Sprint at Silverstone next year?   They have a gap in their calendar now! :0:0:0:0