How do I trace a Mobile Phone number

Timo

how long has the suspect worked for you? this has a big bearing on the easy or otherwise + your burden of proof.

you dont have a PABX / PBX (sorry telephone system ?)

Get another woman to phone him using a withheld number, and ask to speak to X (the name of the suspect's bloke). If he's expecting crank calls from you to try and find out who it is, he's more likely to be caught off gaurd and confirm its him if its a woman asking, especially is she's got a good phone voice   ;)

Chris

"Congratulations, you've won a free holiday for two to the Bahamas. All I need is your name and the name of the person you want to take with you."  :D

Jim

Careful     If it's not her, or even if it is and you can't prove it, she could come after you for unfair dismissal - the law's heavily in favour of the employee in these instances.

Surely unauthorised use of company telephone systems for non work related calls is theft? Perhaps you need to introduce a new telephone policy. Once the suspect is in breach of the policy (brought about as a direct result of employees abuse of your trust), it's gross mis-conduct, and bye bye...........

BUT, AIUI, there may be some new euro rules regarding this very subject, which amounts to the employer expecting/allowing use of telephone and computer systems for personal stuff, although there may well be some guidelines for both employer and employee.

the employee has been with me less than six months so as far as i am concerned i can dismiss her for any reason.

She was given the opportunity to own up last month and at the very least should have stopped making the calls but her downfall was in thinking that if she made numerous short calls to mobile number the call charges wouldn't be noticed.

I gave her one final opportunity to come clean on friday after showing her that it couldn't have been anyone else and then let her go.

bucket loads of tears and her boyfriend is going to come and see. etc.

I asked her to get him to phone me from his mobile!

B***ard that I am for letting her go, I once watched a programme when an employment psychologist recommended that you never fire someone on a friday and never after 3:00pm.

He said it caused too much psychological distress over the weekend and dismissals should always be made between 10:00 and 12:00 noon and preferably mid week.

Our oil deliver man got a call from Sh**l Oil on Christmas eve last year to say that one of four drivers was being laid off in the new year. on the 3rd January he was told it was him. What absolute bas**ards.

Good man Timo.

I had a similar problem some years ago when the dept phone bill went up by a factor of 10 when we started working evening shift.   After about 3 months and 600 quid in bills I checked the printout from the PABX and all the numbers called were the guys (about 30) home numbers.  So I called them into discuss it, tell them we couldn't afford it and by the way they should've been working, to a man they all denied it.

The following evening I was a bit pi**ed off when I saw someone talking on the phone for an hour at 9pm.

I got all the guys into a room and asked them to desist from making home calls on the works phone,

Once again to a man they all denied it so I got out the printout, showed them the numbers and said "If none of you are calling your wives in the evening then I have to accept what you say but as all the calls are to your home numbers I can only conclude that your mates are!!!, sort it out!"  :D  :D

The phones calls stopped within the hour.

One of the few that I won.  

David.

:D  :D