Track Day Insurance

smayo

I'm always a bit wary of normal road use insurance policies which tack trackday cover on as an extra - basically I guess I'm too cynical to believe that a claim resulting from damage sustained at a trackday won't impact your premiums in the future.

At least with companies like CCI you can keep the two entirely separate.

don't know if you all realise this,but the amount you pay on a one off basis depends also on where the day is,and who the operator is .

It will cost you alot more to get insurance on days with some TDO's than others.................not saying who is worse but when you way it up some of the cheaper organisers are not that cheap if you insure to go on their days .

this is due to the amount of people who have binned it before with them ,and on that particular track.

did they pay up?

Yep they paid up and my passenger succsessfuly persued a personal injury claim agaist me and thus them. This is the bit I find worrying.

Bazzer

Sam ..................its no secret that some days cost more to insure yourself than others ,the combination of track and TDO can vary the premium greatly.........some of the more popular TDO may cost more because they run more days so the accident rate may seem higher.

Nothing sinister or underhand to reveal ......just a fact.