• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

pride and joy

jimthedrummer

just got my first westfield!

very nice se crossflow

planning to keep it in a garage approx 5 mins away in a nice area but a bit worried about security

anyone got any suggestions about either garage door or simple vehicle security??

cheers

jim :xmas:

When I have finished my build I will concrete a removable post just behind my garage door and with a good quality padlock this should deter all but the most determind of thieves. I will also add a PIR to the garage and add to my existing alarm system. Then add a removable steering wheel (after SVA). Usually park another two cars on our single driveway and may add a simple trip switch somwhere only I know!!!

Just make sure it is well insured!

When mines finished i`m going to concrete a ground anchor point into the floor of the garage and use one of my old heavy duty bike chains/paddlocks and loop it through the front suspension.

Its not foolproof but it make it harder to nick.

When mines finished i`m going to concrete a ground anchor point into the floor of the garage and use one of my old heavy duty bike chains/paddlocks and loop it through the front suspension.

Its not foolproof but it make it harder to nick.

Do yourself a favour and make a sign which you leave in the windscreen saying "DO NOT MOVE UNTIL LOCK REMOVED"

Doesn't take a genius to work out what I did a few years back with a "U" shaped bike lock through my front wheel around the suspension....  :blush:

If you have your house alarmed, it is worth investigating a wireless extension to the system for the garage.  My garage in 40 ft from the house, but it was only an extra 100 quid to include on the sytem.  It gets its own circuit too, so that the garage is on even when we are in the house.

Simplest solution has got to be a removable steering wheel

Agreed, except I left mine on the shelf at home before we moved, and it got packed up and put into store! :durr:

I can assure you that trying to steer a car with a pair of mole grips provides an interesting challenge.

I can assure you that trying to steer a car with a pair of mole grips provides an interesting challenge.

I've found I can just about steer mine using my hand. Wouldn't like to attempt a three point turn though ;)

Andy

Simplest solution has got to be a removable steering wheel

Agreed, except I left mine on the shelf at home before we moved, and it got packed up and put into store! :durr:

Not much security there then is there!

A concreted in security post has to be the best option - if the garage can't be opened, they can't possibly take the car.

Mine is in a double locked garage, protected by the home alarm - which is monitored and automatically calls the police out.

Enough of this nonsense

Any one with any sense will relagate the settee to the garage and put the westy in the "living room" where it belongs!!!

;)

As I'm sure Mr Willis will confirm :oops: A removed steering wheel is no deterent for someone who wants to pinch a car :D  :D  :D