Mate has the hump....big time

ChrisF

Nice story and true.

A mate of mine collected his new Noble (after five months wait), the 1st car of the new model.  

He collected it Thursday, prior to his trip to French / Swiss border, to meet a Ferrari owning friend.  Nice christening blat....Wisbech to Zurich, meet ferrari owner, trip up the hills, perfect :cool:  :cool:  :cool:  :love:

Not to be......100 miles out of Calais Noble overheats, head gaskets gone, engine seizes :p ...... arrives in Zurich in a peugeot 206 diesel courtesy car....................SWEET :D  :D  :D

Gutted.

Did he get there before ferrari boy? By my reckoning you'd have to fill the pug up three times less often than the 'rarri at an aggressive tilt, saving about 45 mins per 500 miles. So the fez would have to average at least 20mph more than the pug to make up the difference.

Once it's fixed, can you ask him if I can have a ride, please?

Sam your maths impresses me no end.  

The ferrari owner was a frog...sorry French chappy who he was meeting there.

He is due to get the Noble back on Friday after major investigation as to cause etc....so with some arm twisting I hope to get a run out soon.  

I will post a road test with full details as soon as possible.  ;)  :p  :D  :cool:

...I hope to get a run out soon

Probably to the nearest phone box to call the AA !!  :D

I will post a road test with full details as soon as possible

Please include such pertinent details as "ease of pushing to the nearest lay-by", "response time by the AA", "how quickly it blew the head gaskets *this* time...", etc., etc.   :D

Heard lots of reports of cooling (or perhaps lack thereof) problems with Nobles which is a shame really.  They seem to be trying to compete with TVR in more ways than one !!

So lets just say he did get a Westfield and not a Noble and the engine went in the same way.

Would the out come have been the same and so quick?

Answer for and against please.....

Heard lots of reports of cooling (or perhaps lack thereof) problems with Nobles which is a shame really.  They seem to be trying to compete with TVR in more ways than one !!

They had a batch of duff radiators. All effected cars should have now been checked out and had new radiators fitted if required...

They're not TVRs by a long shot. The build quality is really very good.

Jim