track rod end

Stevo

While trying to sort the tracking for my SDV I have managed to split the rubber boots on both of the track rod ends. does any one know if/where I can get replacement rubber?

the track rod ends are these btw

cheers

s

I was lucky and bought some spare boots (£1 ea) at a local autojumble, always worth looking out for!

Andy:D

Actually, I did a search but nothing relevant came up. Using Google I found this http://www.clubstylus.org.uk/buildtips.htm

(about half way down the page) which mentions poly track rod end boots. Anyone used them?

I can't believe that the outcome is usually to replace the whole joint - I know this is not the low cost forum but surely  we are not all so rich that any item less than a tenner is thow away? Or am I just being tight?

Are you from Yorkshire? :p

*Tyres* are considered throw away,  so yeah, anything under a tenner is definitely not to be worried about :p:p:p

Not from Yorkshire... tight fisted all the same.

It is just a shame as they have covered 0 miles and work perfectly they just need a bit of rubber.

got mine from local car shop 40p all different sizes ,why buy new joints when it only the rubbers gone :p