How much is weather equipment?

Chiz

Hello, I am looking to buy a bike engined Westfield soon.

Looking at the Megabird or Megabusa.

None of the ones I've seen have weather equipment, they resemble my R400 when I tow it to track days, i.e. aeroscreen, no windscreen.

If I was to buy a Megabird or Megabusa is there anything stopping me adding windscreen, sidedoors and carrying the roof in the boot if it rains (heavily)?

i.e. is there anything differing in the body work of the bike engined Westfields than the car engined models that I have seen with weather equipment?

And if I can fit windscreen and sidedoors, who much do they cost?

Thanks

You can fit weather gear to any variant of westfield. There's a definite love it/ hate it split amongst the club. See if you can get out in some local members cars to help you make your decision.

If you opt for screen etc you can always swap for an aero later on if you fancy the "raw" experience.Similarly you could retro fit a screen to an aero'd car. Dunno what new screen etc costs but there's frequently people selling them on the site/ ebay when they convert to aeroscreen so you could save some cash that way

Me......I ve had both set ups....and I'd never have screen/ roof again.

You've gotta try getting in a westfield with the roof up once in your life though. Amusing :D

You've gotta try getting in a westfield with the roof up once in your life though. ASmusing

Tried it , went for petrol , what a laugh, gave it up after spending 20 mins trying to extracate meself from the car.

thinking of re fitting the top though for those Cold days and evening trips to the boozer.

:)  :)  :)

are the manc lads still up for meetings over the winter. Car is taxed right through so seems a waste to put it away

Expect to see ya boghouse boy its your shout  :p

still remember the frosty winter night we had to thaw yer out b4 you could get to the bar !

BB was only westy there that night .

:p

are the manc lads still up for meetings over the winter. Car is taxed right through so seems a waste to put it away

Expect to see ya boghouse boy its your shout  :p

still remember the frosty winter night we had to thaw yer out b4 you could get to the bar !

BB was only westy there that night .

:p

I'll be there don't you worry. I want to see some more hardcore use from the Manc lads though...

Frost is only a bit slippy :D

Hello Scott,

I have a Caterham R400 with and without weather equipment.

The Westfield would be driven to track days by one of my staff, I would be towing my car (Radical SR4). So it would need weather equipment to get to and from the track.

And for local blatting, I would prefer to drive the car without helmet, i.e. with windscreen.

So does anyone know how much windscreen, sidescreens and hood cost from Westfield.

Cheers