mot's

chunk

Hi, I have just purchased my first kit car and it was registered april this year on an 04 plate. Does it need an mot every year straight away or only after 3 years as per a normally manufactured car?

thanks

chunk  ???

I renewed the westies car tax for the first time ever in August (and yes it was a new build and not a tax dodging me!!! ) and the renewal form wants you to take to the Post Office ...

money

insurance certificate

and MOT certificate!

Fortunately on the back was mention of an exemption form (V112 I think) which can be download and signed to prove that the vehicle was a new build and is therefore exempt until the 3rd year. I then got my car tax without any problems at the post office (when I handed said form in) and a week or so later a new V5 turned up (recently revised EU format version). Just to side track slightly I noticed that the form had the emissions levels of the car on it and fear of fears there is a new box for noise rating! Fortunately mine was blank - probably just means it was off the scale :)

Quite why they didn't naturally make it exempt when I got it newly registered post SVA (current plate and not a Q) I don't know! Any one else had to do this or were you lucky enough not to receive anything for 2 years?

Edited to remove that annoying wink smilie that occurs when you use ! and ) together! Rather than yahoo standard of ;-) or ; )

:xmas: