What do I have to do

Pembroke Pat

It'll either be absolutely nuffink or quite a lot  ;)  ;)  ;)  Sorry to sound vague but ...........  :D  :D  :D If you got to the Speed Series page you can download a Speed Series beginners Guide which goes a long way on explaining what and who  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)

Most common addition to a standard Westfield in a roadgoing class seems to be a 1 litre oil catch tank  ;)  ;)  ;)

Ok so a fairly standard 2.0l zetec ( twin carbs) Oil catch tank, plate on front for timing.  I presume engine cut out switch as well.  

Thanks for the reply.  I shall examine the ss bit of the site more closely

Pat

AFAIK an engine cutout switch not required for a roadgoing  car as long as the ignition switch is clearly marked  ;)

oh, you also need numbers in a contrasting colour  :D

Peter is correct. For road going cars, an ignition cut out isn't required. I removed mine and saved nearly a kilo in weight....

And for a dark blue car, 9" white numbers stuck directly to the body will be fine...

or white on burgundy  :D  :devil:  :D  ;)

and nope an engine cut-off is not mandatory  :D  ;)  :D

Excellent.  I guess the only questions to ask is where do you fit the timing plate ( and where do you get one) and who makes the best value catch tank?

Easier to make your own, I plan to do the Speed Series next year in a road going car, the regs are basic and the beginners guide is excellent. Do be careful with crash helmet though as a motorcycle type is not acceptable (newer more stringent standard-silly isn't it?). Enjoy it, I plan too.

Nigel Tye.

newer more stringent standard-silly isn't it?

For the sake of clarity...

The current bike lid standard of ECE22 is not legal for MSA events. It is a less stringent test than the "old" BS6658A test.

Lids carrying a blue BS6658A sticker are LEGAL for MSA events.

If you are buying a new lid to go sprinting or racing, the standards you need to look for are *either* BS6658A or Snell 2000.

IGNORE the gold ACU stickers on crash helmets. This is relevant ONLY for motorcycle racing.