speed hillclimb

bikerush

i am interested in doing hillclimb sprints next yr.. was looking at the wscc championship... how much are the events ? do you have to book lots up in advance ?

not bothered which class i end up in as i just want to have fun..

have done grasstrack and rallying 12 yrs ago...car is a lightweight dax rush busa not sure if i will be making it road legal... no reverse..  part of me thinks i should do something like this and keep my licence!!..anyways any help or advice would be good i have heard you are a great bunch etc...hope not having a westy won't be a prob?..

regards

dave.c   :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• peterg

• bikerush

• Mark Stanton

• adhawkins

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having a Westfield almost certainly isn't a problem. Take a look at the 'Speed Series' pages on the main WSCC site for more information and a 'getting started' guide.

Andy

Dave

Download a "Beginners Guide" from the Speed Series pages  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;) It'll provide you with a few answers  :D  :D

Not having a Westfield almost certainly isn't a problem. Take a look at the 'Speed Series' pages on the main WSCC site for more information and a 'getting started' guide.

errrrr nope  :D  :D  :D Eve'nin Mr H  :D  :D  :D

I as bin bizzy werkin  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  ;)  :down:  :arse:  :down:  :D

bl**** Cheek  :D  :D  :D  :)

Work? Whassat then?

Oh yeah, that's the thing I'm meant to be doing all week instead of posting on 'ere :D

It'll never catch on.

Andy

that's much cheaper than i thought it would be....

time to come along to a venue and meet some of you and have a general look at it all....very interested...

thanks for all your help..

dave.c  :)

Dave, the only remaining Speed Series rounds are quite a distance from you (and me 'cos they're oop North) but there is a Hillclimb meeting at Prescott near Cheltenham on 25/26th Spetember which hopefully I have an entry for.... I don't have a Westfield anymore but if you come along to it I'll happily chat about the various classes/equipment/how to do it etc in between runs  ;)

i am going to prescott that weekend for that very reason to have a mooch and a chat....i live in oxford only an hour away....

thanks for your help...

would  :love: to do prescott one day...

dave..

no reverse

Strictly speaking you need a reverse gear for Sprint/Hillclimb (except for Sports Libre and Racing Cars). I don't know why. It would be worth asking the bike engined competitors at Prescott whether they ever get any hassle from scrutineers.

There are some extra preparation things you'll need to consider if you run 'non road legal' like a log book, 4 point belts and an external cut off switch. It's all pretty straight forward, although the 'Blue Book' can make it seem impossible.

Paul