List 1a/1b tyres

felters

Just looking ahead to next year... ???

Due to my aeroscreen I would be on 1a/1b tyres. I've searched till my ears bleed but can't find a list. Anybody got one that they can post on here?

Cheers

Mike

Current 1b tyre opinions are split between  avon acb10 and yoko 32 r.

The avons offer superior dry grip and are a good bit lighter.

The yokos are better in the wet stuff

the 32 r is going to be replaced by the ao 48r which is being phased in with more sizes now. Supposed to be up there with the 32r

Fill list of 1a/1b tyres appears in the MSA blue book you get when you apply for your license.

Scott - many thx. I spent a while racing in F/Ford and the ACB10s are good but I can't be arsed with changing the suspension setting for what is also a road car. Two questions if I may...

Are the 48's already on the lists?

Are A021's and/or A08's (the forerunner to the 32 AFAIK) on either list?

Reason for the last question is that I already have two sets of rims - one with a respectable set of newish 21's and another with some well used but still grippy (in the dry) A08's. Was hoping to find my feet before I dashed out to buy new tyres.

Cheers

Mike

Just looking ahead to next year... ???

Due to my aeroscreen I would be on 1a/1b tyres. I've searched till my ears bleed but can't find a list. Anybody got one that they can post on here?

Cheers

Mike

Mike

Whats this about next year    ???

Have got the blue book if you want to check out the tyres.

Are you coming to the meeting at the end of the month?

There seem to be 2 or 3 other drivers down here talking about next years SS.

Car off the road due to clutch/gearbox problems. Still thinking about the switch to another setup.

What gearbox are you running on the 4age

J D    :cool:

Add me to that list, but it'll be a very casual entry if I do go ahead (probably only 2 or 3 events).

Andy

Add me to that list, but it'll be a very casual entry if I do go ahead (probably only 2 or 3 events).

Andy

J D

One entry at Curborough    1 Point    100th in the standings :blush:  :p

:D

I'll probably treble that (currently planning to do 2 or 3 events ;))

That should put me somewhere like 95th! :t-up:

Andy

Actually Plan A is to do Gurston for 2005... but having got my licence etc. it would be rude not to do a few of the southern most WSCC events...

Any other 1600cc cars would be welcome - Gurstons classes are 1400cc, 2000cc and over - so I'm never going to bring home the silverware anyway...  :down:

John - I responded to your post re the 4Age :D

Actually Plan A is to do Gurston for 2005... but having got my licence etc. it would be rude not to do a few of the southern most WSCC events...

Any other 1600cc cars would be welcome - Gurstons classes are 1400cc, 2000cc and over - so I'm never going to bring home the silverware anyway...  :down:

John - I responded to your post re the 4Age :D

Would be happy to join up at Gurston with a 1600, not sure what at the moment ???

What do we need to do to enter there for 2005  :suspect:

Also  hoping to do more SS events next year if I can get properly organised  :devil: