Chelt/Glos Area Meet

Crash Override

Hi all, I think I have the right date down for this months meet at the highwayman (last Thursday of the month).

Last month saw only a small group again, but we had a nice presentation from Mark on his trip to the Ring and the weather stayed dry for those that came in the westys.  Saw a new face to the group and I'm sorry I can't remember your name (a little help someone, he has brought the red Busa with the piggy back zorsts on it), any way hope you can make it again this month.  Ohh and nice display of tyre smoke and doughnutting by Rob Marshall as we were leaving for home.

Tony should be at this months meet as he was on holiday for the last one, hope you had a nice time Tony?

I shall be there with the westy now I have the reverse box done and back in *fingers crossed nothing else goes*, it'll be tried out at combe on the action day although the weather's not looking promising.

Normal routine question who's going? and see you there.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Mark Purves

• robsawyer

• Crash Override

Hope to be going, if I can get rid of this stupid cough and sore ribs... :down:

Not sure about Combe yet, will have to see how I feel on Saturday morning.

Hope the car goes well.

Andy

Not sure. When I was trying to sort out my exhaust before Ty Croes, I thought I'd tweaked a muscle or something trying to drill and lock wire the collector brackets.

However, no whenever I cough or sneeze (or try to sit up from lying down etc.) I get a pain in my ribs...

Having a cough at a time like this isn't fun :down:

Andy

Ahh I see, you have more than likely pulled the inercostal muscles that are between your ribs.....I had a bit of an accident the other day when I sliced my finger with a hedgecutter. *Ouch* But it's healing up quite nicely now and I can still drive, that's the main thing.

Get better soon, and I'll see you at the meet if you don't make it to Combe tomorrow.

Malc

It's looking like we'll be at Combe, probably in the Westfield.

Depending on how early we wake up, we might be in Tony's convoy.

Is your car sorted now Stuart?

Andy

will be there and, absoultely guttedly, westyless :(:down:

What happened?

Andy

money problems, guess I aimed a bit too high/too stubborn against insuring a loan on the house. Tried to find another buyer for Darren, sent someone his way but don't know what happened.

Decided to sell the landy now and use the westfield as an only car, insuring myself on my old mans in case I need to.

Even cancelled my holiday trying to afford that one it was so nice! doh! :durr:

Well, if you get the Landy sold quickly, I guess you might still be lucky with that one?

Shame...I know how excited you were :)

Andy

Guys quick question

Does anyone know of anywhere I could hire a car/van with a towbar?

Do hire companies do this?

I'm thinking of the future when I'll want to tow the westie on the trailer to tracks etc

I thought I'd ask to see if anyone knows before I ring round car hire places...

Cheers

Rob