1983 RAC blue book

windy

Found an old RAC blue book from 1983 in a clear out the other day. There's a paragraph that states "The MSA recommends that competitors should abstain from the consumption of alchohol or drugs before or during a competition". Obviously not mandatory then! :D  :p  ;)  :cool:

Also it was interesting to note:

1) Regulations for sprint & hillclimb vehicles take up just 2 pages.

2) Fuel systems - be equipped with an effective method of stopping fuel supply by a tap. Available from a plumber then? Freedom of use of fuel - the fuel must be liquid at atmospheric temperature and pressure - Hmm guess that means you can use rocket fuel then :cool:

3) There are no special requirements for tyres. Be permitted to use twin rear wheels. Black & round then :cool:

4) There are no special requirements for steering under vehicle regulations. What no steering  ???  :D

How things have changed

Hard call who is older ???

Ash :(

Windy :arse:

By the way i was 12

:0

By the way i was 12

Have you always had the same shoe size then  :D  :D  :D  :p  :D  :devil:

Oh dear, I was 28 in 1983 and had my first race licence in 1973  :p  but I 'retired' in 1974 and only started actually competing in 2001  :t-up:  ;)  :D

And here was us thinking you were still 19 Mrs. W... ???

Andy

It's amazing what 10 pints of Stella can do to your vision...................... :devil:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :p

I'll get me coat....................................... :0

P.S. Mrs Westy, whens Barney back, i'm dying of antisipation RE : Ty-Croes commentry :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz:

It's amazing what 10 pints of Stella can do to your vision...................... :devil:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :p

Never touch the stuff...

I think they'll be selling tickets for when you and Mrs. W are in the same place together though :D

Andy

Nana's - Barney is back  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  :D