Track videos

hilux

Just a thought cos I watched Furtive`s one of Cadwell and thought how useful if you`ve never been to track before.

I`m off to Mallory next week and would therefore find a video of a lap useful so as to `learn` the track early and not be holding you all up :blush::)

I have........but not here at work............

E-mail me, and I'll attach it when I get home.

IIRC, it's not too big.........

Sadly not one of Mallory, but there is a collection of complete laps of several circuits available for download here

I really found the UK Circuit Guide helpful. It has plans of every corner as well as information on how to get round it. Worth getting IMHO. I believe that BookaTrack sell copies.

I also found TOCA2 on my PC useful for places like Snetterton  :D

Have a look through the BookaTrack Video archives I'm sure there's a couple there.

Jimbocam should have one too, I forgot about that one furtive, hmm I feel some downloading coming on  :D

Yup. Thems the ones......... :D  :D  :D

Look out for our intrepid reporter overtaking Blatgirl, round the outside at Gerrards...........

:D  :D  :D

Thanks Pete.....

So I`ve no excuse for getting it wrong on the day then  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :durr:

Fellas....

Any tips/hints for preparation, what I should take, facilities available etc etc.....I made a list and its huge :0 so I`d be interested in what you lot do.......

You can tell I`m new to this..................and nervous  :arse:

Take a jerry can full of Optimax or SUL, 'cos the pump at the circuit expensive (like over a quid a litre........)

Take:

a brolly........

a long sleeved sweatshirt

a waterproof coat......and trousers.

an open mind

some tools

money

Before you go, check

ALL fluids......

brakes

tyres

wheel nuts

alternator bracket and all fixings

in fact, every nut and bolt should have a spanner thrown at it..........

ALL belts

your balls.........

:D  :D  :D

And not forgetting that the very first sessions of the day for all groups - will be a "follow the leader" with our ARDS Instructor - Nick Kjaer - being the leader  :D  :D  :D  :D  These will be at a "steady" pace so you will get some appreciation of line, brake and turn in points  :D  :D  :D  As long as you pay attention  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D

Also on display will be circuit guides for you to study  :D  :D  :D  :D  :blush:  :blush:  ;)

Don't forget - it is NOT a race  :D  :D  :D  Just chill out and enjoy  :D  :D  :D  and let yourself be overtaken by faster cars  :D  :)  :)