Wiscombe

Greetings from a very sunny Prague.

Who's going to Wiscombe then?  It will be my last event of the season :(

The small angry one and I will be trundling down the M5 on Friday afternoon - so a meet for the usual in a local pub on Friday evening might be in order?

Sounds like I missed an eventful weekend at Ty Croes - sorry to hear of the mis-haps and hope your cars are back in full order again soon.  I was thinking of you whilst sat in the departure lounge at East Mids airport on Sunday morning :(  :(  :(  :(  :D

Cheers

PE

P.S.  what is it like - I have never competed there before

What's it like?

No need to worry, there'll be no tight hairpins, no slippery sheep sh!t on the track, no moss under the overhanging trees, no slippery hillside paddock, and definitely no rain.

:D

quite often, it looks a lot like this  :t-up: but sometimes it doesn't rain and looks like this  :t-up:  the concrete bridge 20ft after the startline is followed immediately with a sharp 90degree left round a big tree then it's up over a leap towards the gateposts  :oops:  through some esses towards Sawbench hairpin which can catch out the unwary  :down:  after that, it's just a straight blast past some trees about 6in off the side of the track until you get to the other hairpin which is off camber, very tight and usually wet but ALWAYS slippery  :bangshead:

Hope this helps   ;)  :D

What's it like?

No need to worry, there'll be no tight hairpins, no slippery sheep sh!t on the track, no moss under the overhanging trees, no slippery hillside paddock, and definitely no rain.

:D

Apart from all of that - no problems then :devil:

Paul, it's a great hill with 2 really tight hairpins. The start is in the grounds of a country house, the scenery is delightful, plus you will be able to take your furry friends as the carpark/campsite is at the top of the hill away from the run. You are not allowed your camper in the paddock IIRC.

Tommo

PS shame we won't see you at thoresby or 3 slappers mate.. See you at the 'do hopefully!

you will be able to take your furry friends

Tommo

Have already squared this one with the Clerk of the Course and the event sec.  The large furry ones will be accompanying the small angry one (and me of course - cos someone has to drive the mobile kitchen). :D

PS shame we won't see you at thoresby or 3 slappers mate.. See you at the 'do hopefully!

Tommo,

I am not competing at these events - but am hoping to attend one of the Thoresby days - and will defo be at 3 slappers.

Will be at the bash in Brum too - with the mobile kitchen - so can expect you to treat me to several large beers :p

Yup. One of my favourites too. I'm not fast (like that's a surprise) but I'm fast emough to scare myself every time I go up. It's scary in the dry, and damn scary in the wet. You'll love it....

:D  :D

any body fancy meeting in the pub at upottery,as we did last year?

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Remember to take your wellies  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:

Thanks to the Blatchat boys, theres an on board video of Wiscombe for your delight and delectation. Click this, or right click it, and "save target as..."

Enjoy...

Great vid Blatters - looks a bit like Olivers Mount, but faster.

Shame is - it looks like being crap weather on the day.

Where is this pub at "upottery" then????:oops: