MOT's and Number plates

Mrs Catflap

It shouldn't  :(  :(  :(  ;)  ;)

As mark said, it should not pass.   :arse:

It is ok for a stick on one for the test though even if the DVLA don't like them.  :D

My solution tape a stick on one on with balck tape and everyones happy   :D  :D

HTH

Possibly not  :(  :(

But if its a free re test its got to be worth a try  ;)

heheh yehh

But I thought you couldn't get a number plate now without a MOT certificate? So if it fails, how do we then go and buy a plate??

Tricky one eh!?!  :arse:

If you want a stck on one I can still get them from my local caravan shop  ;)

Drop me a message with your reg number and address and I can get one posted out to you.

If not try to get a normal one before you go to the test and stick that on ?

That's a dead good idea, and thanks very much for offering BUT with the usually Catflap family organisation the MOT is on Sat and just now it's occured to us :D

hehehe

Yep no number plate, a cracked, small size or any thing that is not a standard size will fail.

The sticky number pates are not really legal as the nose cone is curved.

I got a standard plate made up for the front and hung it under the grill, then I got a Jap motobike plate made plate up and this is in it's place now.

If I get pull buy plod, he is more than likely going to book me for my neons and flashing lights, than a small plate, "better than nothing officer"

BTW you need a V5 form to get a plate made up nothing else.

Just hung my tatty old plate from the grill with 2 cable ties just for the MOT then snip snip and its back behind the passenger seat  :D

Honest ocifer it just fell of on the speed humps  ;)

you see when i leave my house if i turn left there are 3

if i turn right there are 4 what can i do  ???

If I get pull buy plod, he is more than likely going to book me for my neons and flashing lights, than a small plate, "better than nothing officer"

Apparently NOT, an Illegal plate can get you 3 points & a FINE, no number plate & you will be asked to rectify it (It was there when i set off officer, Honest must have fallen off when i went over that speed bump) :p

I've just been to get a rear plate for my trailer & you need you V5 document & Photo card licence or a load of ID. Must be to stop terrorists towing trailers :arse:  :arse:  :arse:

Do you *not* want a front plate, or do you fear it falling off?

I used to have a stick-on on the nose and every year the (same) MOT chap would say that he "would prefer to see it nearer to the front of the nose".  This is the same chap who always pointedly looked the over way when doing the wash and wiper test   :D

Mind you, as Jan pointed out stickies aren't really legal :( - but then MOT's have even more random variance than SVA

With a new nose-cone I had a narrower plate made up with slightly scaled down characters.  This is clamped to the grill by bolts through the plate and a couple of repair washers either side of the grill bars.  

Good luck - there should be no problem getting a plate made while-u-wait at places like Halfrauds.