OT... Audio Visual

jonlewis

Guys,

I have been fortunate enough to buy a NEC 42" Plasma for a few hundred quid.

Now I need to get the rest of the system such as Reciever, Surround and probably a new Satellite reciever as mine is quite old.

Anybody know what is worth looking at as I am finding this a bit of a minefield, never mind the shops being populated with people selling the product with the most commision.

Jon

Dunno bout the sky receiver but I did loads of research on this last year when I had a grand to spend for my 30th birthday and the best surround sound system I could find was the KEF eggs (!;) with Active subwoofer. Ask any decent hi fi shop for a demo with a 7 channel receiver that gives out at least 100watts per channel (Pioneer/Kenwood/Yamaha) and you will be gobsmacked.

Dunno if that helps but hope so!

Cheers,

Nick.

My setup was researched too...

Yamaha (HSV500 or something) amp/receiver

Large Gale Sub and Centre

B&W front and surround.

All depends on budget but mine was a LOT less than a grand by mix and matching with some shopping around