• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

tub

mike m

ok bit of advice please , bought me first westy couple of monthe ago, bought with very slight damage and spidering on rear arch ( price reflected :) ) now bought it with the intention of getting this summer ( titter ye not we have had a couple of weekends :) ) out of it, then strip repair and rebuild, that time has now come

And my question is regarding the tub, is a slightly damaged tub a saleable item ???? and if so what would I expect to get??? obviously depending on damage

I ask this as if some revenue is available from it I would consider buying a new tub from the factory rather than repair / respray

Mike

By tub you mean the bodywork, yes ??

To be honest I doubt you'd get a great deal for it, but then, the flip side is that replacing the bodywork (assuming you can keep the scuttle, nose, bonnet, front wings, etc.) is probably going to prove cheaper than repairing the existing one and painting it.

Depending on the colour you may need to be careful with colour matching of the gel-coat.

Prolly worth something to the locost boys, if it's not too bad it would do for a racecar.

Worth a PM to DickieB.

EDIT:

Or you could get the arches painted black like a caterham or similar.