• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Gearbox plate

deano.1

im just at the stage of mating my mt75 up to my 2.0 zetec,

when i took the mtx75 gearbox off the engine there was a thin plate between the two.

Do i need a plate for my combination and if so which one?

Cheers, Dean

:durr:

Dean,

I put one between my engine and box as otherwise you get left with some large holes around the exposed flywheel.  Even with the plate there are still some holes left, which I just covered with some ally sheet.  The plate is a Sierra part which you can get from a Ford parts dept.  If you need a part number I can try and find it later.

HTH

Rich.

Just a little update, when i put it all together with the raceline sump it turns out that there is only one small ish hole on the inlet side. The sump covers all the bottom! :p

Well on the subject of sumps, W/F now do a proper cast sump which I saw at Donnington on Saturday. It is priced around £200 ish which seems cheaper than a cut and shut to me!