• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

fuel filler neck rubber joining pipe

Dracoro

Anyone know where I can get one? it's the rubber pipe that joins the tank to the filler neckl held on by 2 jubilee clips. Mine keeps pulling the jubilee clips over the join so petrol leaks under hard cornering when the body flexes. I'm thinking that maybe the rubber pipe has lost its' rubberishness (!;) so instead of stretching, it just pulls off.

I'd firstly check that it isn't the tank shifting when you corner and pulling it apart.

The best stuff I found was at Merlin Motorsport. It's about £1 per INCH though. SVC do some as well - same price.

Cheers

Mike

How can I know if the tank is shifting? It all seems firmly in place (i.e. it doesn't move in it's holdings if I push it)

Can I get the piping from somewhere like B&Q/Wickes or a plumbers merchant etc.?

Most rubber pipe of the like on sale at B&Q will not be resistant to petrol so will probably perish in time and give you a bigger problem. Westfield might be a good bet for buying a replacement since they'll be geared up to supplying it in 6" lengths.

Kevin