Silverstone 750 Club

Buzz Billsberry

For all those who didn't make Silverstone you missed a great event, along with some great racing. Ade Terry from Plays-Kool won in the BEC class of the 750 club and Paul Aspden's brother ‘Vectra’ Dave had a storming race. He started 18th on the grid after an indifferent qually; but drove like an epileptic on 'acid' finishing 8th overall. Well done to the guys from Plays-Kool Motorsport.

As for Rob Navin well, the way he was pacing up and down the garage before the start of the parade lap he looked like he was about to be sent down for murder. I suppose the thought of driving the Duke of Westfield's power house monster GT3 Westfield was a tad nerve racking for him.. :(

When we arrived at the holding area before the start of the parade. I went over to Rob who for once was very quiet now he had Tom Green III's car strapped to him. His eye balls were on storks! He looked like a hermit crab! :suspect: .I said to him " R U ready 4 this?" wrong question... Rob just went off on a nervous babbled statement, twitching winking, pointing, shoulder shrugging...bla,bla,bla... :t-up: I thought that’s my Q to leave!! ;) he looked desperately nervous tho'!

When  everyone returned to the garage after the parade laps  Rob's face was a picture. I've never seen a guy with such a big smile on his face.. he thoroughly enjoyed the 370bhp beastie. No doubt he'll corner you the next time you ask him about his experience....nice one Rob you lucky mother!

Rob didn't have a problem handling the Duke of Westfield’s rocket. However, as for opening a can of Stella? well that was a different story :oops: The concentration is amazing!! 

Here's Rob looking for the zipper on the can!

1986.jpeg

It was good to 'Tex' Siddle fly in from Rotherham unfortunately he didn't have is horse  'Rocket' with him

1988.jpeg

and to prove we were in the puka F1 Garages Plays-Kool were in the Williams garage

1987.jpeg

My car and the westfield team  in the Mclaren Garage

1989.jpeg

For me the parade laps were quite moving really. I've never driven Silverstone before and here I was driving on the 'holy tarmac' where the likes of Mike Hawthorn,Jim Clark and Ayrton Senna had driven... these guys are my absolute  racing hero's I felt honoured.I was so over come with emulsion! Ok put the tissues away I've finished now!!

Well done the Plays-Kool Motorsport Team, T'was good to see Steve Robinson and Ron Siddle not seen em' for a while Thanks to Scott Bealand and Rob Navin for letting me move into their car's

C U at Donny if you're going

Buzz  :)