Silverstone 750 Club

Buzz Billsberry

I've only driven the really short circuit at Silverstone (right before Beckets, down the runway and pop out in the left hander before Luffield - the black track on this diagram basically).

illustration.jpg

That was in an MR2 on a Toyota driving day. Great fun, but would be great to drive the full circuit!

Which circuit did you drive? Full GP or International (the one that includes the bottom bit of the 'red' track on the diagram.

Andy

We drove club which is one of the shortest, very similar to the one in red. I enjoyed largin' it down the  straight tho'! It was shorter than I thought..the straight that is. I'd love to do the full circuit

Buzz

We drove almost all the black circuit, but turned 90 degrees before beckets under the two bridges on straight, round luffield then pit straight, copse and maggots.

Sounds like the one I drove then...bit short, but hey, it was still Silverstone :)

Andy

Nice to drive round it; and was good to watch some racing from the famous pitlane wall  :D

Pace car going a bit quicker for us would have been great :p

Pace car not stopping after the straight and leaving stationary cars just round the corner would have been better!!

Chap behind me had to swerve round me when I stopped...

Great day though with some excellent racing :D  :D

I went out to the garage this morning and noticed there was a funny smell in there... smelt a bit sh*tty :(  :(

Then I remembered that Rob have borrowed my spare passenger seat for his laps in the yellow beast. Quick jet wash and it's once again clean... God knows what his overalls must be like!! :D  :D  :D  :p

aha,

I thought I recognised your car yesterday:

westy1.JPG

westy2.JPG

I was wondering what an XE powered westy was doing at the 750mc meet, cos they're not eligable for the kit class. Did anyone enter the all-comers race or were the WSCC cars just there for the Sunday parade?

Also:

westy3.JPG

DC

Conibear

Just carrying on where Lindsay left off....

-opens garage door with polishing rag in one hand and a bottle of stella in the other-

DavidC

Was wandering why people keep calling me Scott?! :p  :D

-opens garage door with polishing rag in one hand and a bottle of stella in the other-

Jesus, I use soap and water, leather cloth then wax. I've been using the wrong chemical for 24 bl**** years, what a great website this is, you learn something new every day  :D  :D  :D

Dave O car looks like it should enter a concours event not a SS event

Just goes to show you can have best of both worlds  :D  :D  :D  :D