WSCC Speed Series Awards Evening

Mark Stanton

WSCC Speed Series Awards Presentation 2004

Saturday November 13th

at

The Duck Inn, Hagley Road (A456), Birmingham. B16 9NZ

For all Speed Series drivers, sponsors, marshals and Officials.

Here its is folks - the most important event and fixture of 2004 - To guarantee an entry to this most enjoyable evening please send your cheques to WSCC Speed Series - 102 Broadmoor Avenue, Smethwick, Warley, West Midlands. B67 6JU Payable to WSCC Motorsport Ltd

Admission is strictly by advance purchase of a ticket, these are priced at just £14.50p each (price is held as 2003).

Tickets on sale NOW.

The evening will consist of an awards presentation for various "achievements" and "notable" activities during the 2004 season - not just Class awards - but also featuring many of the WSCC Speed Series characters and their individual contribution to a successful 2004 season.

If anyone would like to nominate a fellow driver for a suitable extra curricular award please forward an e-mail with details to mark@phoenixdesign.gb.com (discretion and confidentiality assured, maybe)

There will be a buffet break during the evening, prize raffle and on completion of awards - its time to let your hair down, get your dancing shoes on till very late / early.

The venue bar will be open from 6.00 p.m. till very late (onwards into November 14th)

Listed below are a few hotels, these are in order of closeness to the awards venue: It's recommended to book early (and by early I mean NOW, not a week before the event.)

1. Quality Hotel (Cobden) *** - 0121 454 6621 (This is right next door to venue)

2. Thistle Hotel (Strathallen) *** - 0121 455 9777 (Just over the road about 2 mins walk, towards City Centre)

3. Comfort Inn Hotel (Norfolk) *** - 0121 454 8071 (Just over the road about 2 mins walk, away from City Centre)

4. Plough and Harrow *** - 0870 609 6118 (about 3 mins taxi drive or 15/20 minute walk)

5. Marriott **** - 0870 400 7280 (about 5 mins taxi drive, situated by 5 Ways - about 30mins walk)

Campers may be parked to rear of The Duck Inn - be careful very narrow access on exit side only.

Looking forward to seeing all the Speed Series Team

Regards

Mark Stanton.

P.S. Will have tickets for sale at Ty Croes and Thoresby  :D  :D  :D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• adhawkins

• Blatman

• Rob Navin

Is this only open to SS drivers, marshals et al?

Andy

If you're going to book accommodation at any of the chains - take note that if you search the internet, you will find rooms cheaper than if you go to the hotel chain website directly  :0   :t-up:   (I rang the hotel to check that the website I was looking at a good offer on (superbreak.com, I'm sure there's others..) was kosher and they confirmed it was  :t-up: but they wouldn't price match directly   ???  )

The Quality Inn (Cobden) right next door, are often open to a deal on a group booking if anyone wants to take up the mantle   :D  ;)  :D  ;)  :D  ;)

Ok folks. Discount rate sorted with Quality Hotel (Cobden); the one next door to the Duck Inn.

£38 SINGLE

£49 DOUBLE

on b&b basis.

Way cheaper than their standard rate.

0121 454 6621

quote "Westfield Speed Series"

Get booking :D

Thanks Scott  ;)  :D

Get booking
and book early :D  :D  :D  ;)  :D

Is this only open to SS drivers, marshals et al?

Anyone care to answer this?

Andy

For all Speed Series drivers, sponsors, marshals and Officials.

Thought it was answered  :D  :D  :D  ;)

We do have a room limit and first priority must be given to all Speed Series drivers, sponsors, marshals and Officials - Hope you can understand that please Andy  ;)  :D  :down:  :D Perhaps we might be able to accommodate a few guests - but I couldn't guarantee it  :down:  :down:

I did see that in your original post, just wanted to clarify it.

I'm not taking it as a personal slur. No, really I'm not. (sob)

:)

Andy

Andy, book in & get down there, the more the merrier, you'll either get a ticket or you won't. If you don't, no-one will stop you getting in. You'll just need to buy your own fish ' n' chips. See you there fora pint matey.

Tommo

P.S. will you take me round the track in your yellow peril  on Friday as I'm not booked in :arse:

Have just rung to secure the Westy booking...

Was told it's £49 double room for ONE person

£59 double room for TWO people  ???

Still a lot cheaper than normal though  :t-up:

You tight Ba......d Tommo. You could have booked in at TyCroes like the rest of us as you might need the practise!!! :p