The battle scars from racing

Keith Scarfe

After a bit of a racing incident last race at Brands hatch which left my car minus the right rear wing (Narrow car all in one body), I had the job of trying to reconstruct it so I could get the car out for the next race at Donington this weekend. Here are a couple of photos of how I am getting on with it. Note to everyone with nice pristine looking cars - please don’t follow my body work rebuilding advice. I think Dr Frankenstein would be proud of me.

Dscn0073s.jpg

Dscn0074s.jpg

Dscn0075s.jpg

Dscn0076s.jpg

The rear wing was completely missing (lying in the gravel trap after the race). I saved what I could of it and fibreglassed it back onto the body. This only left the outside edge and lower part of it missing. So to work with the tin snips and rivet gun. The final result is covered in black tank tape. You would never know what lies underneath (Hmm almost). ???

Looks like a new tub then, have you looked at the factory, they have got a load of fiberglass bits for sale at the moment.