membership

karlgurney

i received my membership number the other day, but where do i register it on the website, its just i've been trying to add a parts wanted add but i don't have permission to do so,

cheers

karl

Word for Adrian, perhaps the text at the top of the advert forums explaining all this should be in big, bold, red, flashing text?

We're getting asked this more and more these days...

Web forums are obviously becoming the new Usenet (a write only medium ;))

Andy

We're getting asked this more and more these days...

and I was one of them! :blush:

Ok, in my defense I should say that I don't think I should have to read the for sale sections to find out how to upgrade in info next to my name :p

While we are suggesting improvements, how about a link next to the bit next to my avetar to "upgrade your membership". It could even include an advert for membership  ;)

I also can't find how to do this via my control panel which is the obvious place to look. Maybe I'm blind.... :t-up:

btw. while I am rambling, can someone explain what the  :t-up: symbol is supposed to mean?

There isn't any way to do it through the control panel. Yes, I think it should be more obvious how to do it.

The  :t-up: smiley is called 't-up', meaning (to me) thumbs up. It's the equivalent of giving the thumbs up to someone (read whatever you like into that ;)).

Andy

In order to post adverts you must register your message board username as a WSCC member. To do this you need your membership number and postcode. To register your WSCC membership click here.

however that said I will look at the advert / link on the my control panel as part of the next generation of the board that I am working on at the moment......

I almost never go to the main site, the boardroom is bookmarked.

Andy

yes dave, the cars coming along nicely, 2 l pinto with twin 45's started her for the first time 2 days ago very lumpy idol but drives pretty well, carpets are on order, just got to sort the dash out, wiper motors and demister and wind screen, i've heard theres no requirement for a windscreen for the sva, which would save me putting the wipers in etc,  but if i don't fit it for now is it still ok to fit the pillars and mirrors.

Did you join quite recently? If so, membership details are only entered in blocks, so it's possible there could be a week or so between you joining and the boardroom information being updated.

Try it again over the next couple of days, and if it still doesn't work, send an e-mail to the webmaster using the link on the form.

Andy