Bloody computers

Mark Stanton

O.K anyone out there in IT gadget-land know what icon/button I gotta press  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead: Its doing my bl**** ead in  :D  :p  :durr:  :durr:  :bangshead:

I got an Ipaq 2210 PDA which syncs up to my PC via microsoft active sync  :D and evrything does sync and update quite nicely  :D

Except for my contacts  :bangshead:  :arse: which seem to transfer themselves from PDA to PC quite nicely - but not the other way round  :angry:  :angry:  :bangshead:  :down:

I've highlighted buttons noting to update both systems in both directions with updates - but it won't update to PDA from PC  :down:  :bangshead: although it does update to PC from PDA and I don't wanna re-enter all my list again - Thanks

Bostin - Thanks  :D  :D  ;)

better take communion and pray about that one mr s

So you mean it ain't gonna work then  :down:  :down:  :down:  :bangshead:  :bangshead: If it means having to type it all into my PDA then c'est la vie  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:  :down:  :bangshead: I suppose its an opportunity to update them fully. Just hoping if everything else is synced up why not contacts  :durr:  :durr:  :durr:  :p  ;)  :angry:

Before my PDA got nicked Im sure I didnt have the problem with new contacts directly from the pda to the PC ??? Cant help futher until I get another one sorry :(

its no problem with transfer from PDA to PC  :D  :D  :D  does that bit fine  :D  :D

its the transfer from PC to PDA thats not workin  :down:  :down:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:

Such a bl**** useful tool especially with Tom Tom 3 sat nav  :D  :D  :D  :D

There is an option in the sync software which set how the contacts are sync'd PDA to PC, PC to PDA or Both ways.  This is so that if you have a master list on one device it is not over written by the other.

HTH

Neil

Yep I know that bit Neil and have set it to transfer both ways  ;) which it does fine for everything without overwriting and losing info  :D  ;) all except for contacts  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:  :arse:  :bangshead: