New twist on "help me get $12m out of my country"

steve_m

Just received this . . . I think I might have noticed if I had not been paid $65m !  First time I've seen this twist on the con.

Steve

Attn:Pls.

IMMEDIATE CONTRACT PAYMENT.CONTRACT #:MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/009.

From the records of outstanding contractors due for payment with the federal government of Nigeria

your name and company was discovered as next on the list of the outstanding contractors who have not received their payments.

I wish to inform you that your payment is being processed and will be released to you as soon as you respond to this letter.Also note that from my record in my file your outstanding contract payment is us$65.7 million dollars(sixty five million seven hundred thousand united states dollars).

Please re-confirm to me if this is inline with what you have in your record and also re-confirm to me the followings

1) Your full name.

2) Phone, fax and mobile #.

3) company name,position and address.

4)profession, age and marital status.

5) Copy of int'l passport.

As soon as this informations are received, your payment will be made to you in a certified bank draft from central bank of Nigeria and a copy will be given to you for you to take to your bank and confirm it.

You must call me on my direct number as soon as you receive this letter for a serious discussion with me and also get back to me on this e-mail  :remittance_office@netexecutive.com

Regards,

PROF CHARLES SOLUDO.

Executive Governor,Central Bank Of Nigeria.

Direct line:234-80-33595444.

Sounds well dodgey me....Either they're after your bank details or your identity via passport, or even both.

Errrrr, of *course* it's dodgy !!

The basic scam seems to involve some sort of admin charge which you send to the scamsters before they release "your" money to them.  Stupidity and greed are their allies but sadly they seem to get away with it.  Personally anyone who's stupid enough to fall for it deserves to get fleeced IMO.

Yup. It's a typical 419.There's loads about them on the 'net. My current fave is here

Trivia...

It's called a 419, 'cos that the Nigerian law that they're breaking, as you'll soon see...

/Trivia...

The adventures of Dave Lister, CEO of Jupiter Mining Inc, and his aristocratic friend Dwayne Dibbley, Duke of Dork, in their run in with the strangely illiterate barrister Alfa Ibrahim, will soon be sent to scamorama for public delight...   :blues:

Dan

Had one last night from a guy in Nigeria claiming he was a Barrister and his client had recently died in a car crash and he had been looking for relatives of his client to give them £9m for 2-years but with no success and the American government was going to canfiscate the money so he wanted to put it in my bank account and then take out 60% again. Then he could claim that I was a relative and I had the money.

Adam

I had heard of one guy that had managed to extract a fee from the scammers to cover the cost of the cheque for the processing fee that wanted.  Nice one.

I've just negociated 43.25% of $33,000,000 (of non-existent money) from my current pet and it took aaaaaages and I have a contract thingy to prove it! - it's a laugh  :D  :D  :D