Croft today

Andrew

Croft today, wandering around chatting to drivers, as you do,.......came across a very strange looking Jag, I think it was an XJS. It looked more like the batmobile after a very bad accident! the front end seemed to comprise of several rolls of black duct tape, the whole car being sort of, hand painted matt black.

Anyway, I was stood viewing the interior, which seemed to be completely covered in Baco-foil, and just said it looked a bit like the inside of the space shuttle! My god! how was I to know he was German, with no sense of humour! He looked at me and started ranting! "I paid a lot of money to come here and get treated like s**t", said he, "You British, your all Vankers".  I must have been the umpteenth person to have passed comments on his car, and he snapped!

I felt rather sorry for him in the end 'cos he never came out to race, I think the car was leaking gallons of fuel out when he went ont on his familliarisation laps, all the way from Germany for two laps of Croft ???  Andrew, British Vanker