• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Screen Pillars

tonym

I have some cut down pillars for a narrow body going free to a good home.Kindly donated by the nice Mr Purves of the Harlequin colour scheme  :p .Was going down the Aeroscreen route but decided that it was not for me :( .

You are welcome to them if they are any good to you.

John

Hi Mark

Yes,tried it out for a couple of weeks,made up a dummy screen as you suggested. I found that my glasses wanted to fly off which makes seeing very difficult! :p . What really decided me was when a brick bounced off the scuttle and just missed my head!!!!!  :down:

I dont want to wear a helmet when driving(think it makes one look like a poseur :D )

Thanks for the pillars,hope you dont mind me passing them on.

John

What really decided me was when a brick bounced off the scuttle

...you're just adding fuel to the "Builders rant" thread  :D  :D

Any pics of these cut down pillars sound intresting...

Sorry no pics,camera FUBAR!!

The idea was to try out a variation of an aero screen to see if it would be ok. They are cut down to about one third of their original length.You would need to make up a perspex screen to fit. I made one out of MDF :blush: which is still knocking about somewhere.

So I'd be right in assuming the perspex would slide in where the original screen was?

Edited to add: What did you do with the holes in the 'screen fillet where the wipers came through?

So I'd be right in assuming the perspex would slide in where the original screen was?

Edited to add: What did you do with the holes in the 'screen fillet where the wipers came through?

Yup. correct. You have to fit packing pieces to make up the thickness(or use thick perspex)and shape to fit the scuttle. You can use the screen as a rough template. Advise to experiment with MDF or similar to get the shape.

As for the holes,I never got that far due to the brick! but I was going to use rubber blanking grommets.

John

What I was  going to do was as on Neckies Caterham, which is as follows.

Cut down smoked perspex and leave wipers in place so that if you wanted you could attach oringinal screen in about 10 minutes.

Peterg:- correct

What I was  going to do was as on Neckies Caterham, which is as follows.

Cut down smoked perspex and leave wipers in place so that if you wanted you could attach oringinal screen in about 10 minutes.

Peterg:- correct

b*******,must type faster :angry:  :angry:

Hmm, interesting... As well as leaving you the option of going back to a full screen in a few minutes, it also solves the problem of covering the holes left by the pillars. Something to think about.

John, do want rid of the pillars by any chance??? :D

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.