• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Interview

taffy

Personally I'd tell them to get f**ked and call me when they were ready to offer me the courtesy of a proper discussion or interview....

They're the ones who have a need for someone to fill the position and it's you who is offering your services to them.  They're not "doing you a favour" or anything silly like that - they have a need and you have the skills so it's up to them to take the time to do it properly rather than waste your time and thiers.

Resorting to lazy approaches like that is both childish and unprofessional.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• taffy

• Mark Stanton

• davidgh

• Peter Cox

Yep - ROFLAO - Ave it  :D  :devil:

Yup,

As ever a well balanced selection of opinion. :D  :D  :D

Some years ago, folowing my "Removal" as a company director of a major company. I spent some 20 monts being F*cked around by so called consultants who knew F*ck all about anything.

I can tell you there is nothing more demoralising than, getting all keyed up for an interview, traveling to the other side of the country only to find that there never was any hope of the job being matched to your experience.

With my Mr Mobile SOAB, Im just gonna give him 100 seconds of bulls*** and see what happens. :D  :D  :D

Thanks guys

Ill keep you posted.

Rob

I tend to agree with Nick M, for what its worth,  as a suggestion make your recording whilst standing up !! silly as it sounds you will be more confident and feel more comfortable,, it works trust me.

I still don't like the method or that profession, but there you go

Good luck

Kevin

Send him a text instead.

If you know who the company is that he is recruiting for, ring them direct and let them know what the bloke is doing.

Don't get me started on recuitment consultants, I worked as an IT contractor for many years before my current permanent job so I know all about them.

Mike

what a sperm donor !!

either leave him a message asking him to call you back, or post his number on here  :t-up:

personaly i wouldnt have anything to do with anyone with that attitude  :bangshead:

It's a joke really - I would use the 2 minutes to tell him exactly what I thought of his interviewing techniques and where he could shove his answer phone message...

Seriously thought, you may find it may be a test, he may be looking for a certain kind of response - I've experienced companies before who have done thinks to provoke a response as they are looking for headstrong people who wont take any cr@p...

Over the years I have had many interviews and in genral whenever a recruitment agency are involved it has been crap. I was interviewed in a bedroom with the bed as a desk in a foyer and once in a car. The worst was when I had an interview day for halfords where all the candidates were pitched against each other in various tasks, I walked out of that when the guy who was running it said with pride they only lost 11 million that year. Consultants treat this as a game, and get paid handsomley for the task. I would be very brief state cold facts as to your skills and then 5 things you are good at, ie man management etc, and 5 shortcomings, ie don't like to be treated as a fool, they will see then what you are like quite quickly. As others have said it is ither a test or they are rubbish. good luck in finding sutible employ.

Thanks guys,

Seriously thought, you may find it may be a test, he may be looking for a certain kind of response - I've experienced companies before who have done thinks to provoke a response as they are looking for headstrong people who wont take any cr@p...

Thats what I thought, so Im gonna give the SOB a very strong message.

I would be very brief state cold facts as to your skills and then 5 things you are good at, ie man management etc, and 5 shortcomings, ie don't like to be treated as a fool, they will see then what you are like quite quickly.

Jeff, spot on!

The other day I was asked to travel to Richmond for "Prelimenary" interview. I suggested that a telephone discussion may at least determine if there was a "good" fit between self and client. Consultant got quite "Shirty" with me but then agreed. After a twenty minute discussion he  (and I ) concluded job was not for me. Result I saved £100.00 in trainfair and a day out of work.

I have also completed three interviews including Psycometric testing, on short list of two, only to be told client had changed his mind and decided not to recruit! :devil:  :angry:

******s, all of em!

Rob

Ah phsycometric testing, now I am accredited as a Mcquaig institute tester, after great expense had been spent by Partco whom I worked for at the time. Now after training we were given a profile (which was lines on graph paper) for all managers to meet. So if I had a guy who was known to be good at the job from another company if his profile was not exact then he did not get the job. So after putting forward several excellant managers to have them all turned down I     decided to carry out a scientific exercise. I tested all 14 managers under my control, only three had the correct profile and one who won the manager of the year award was totally opposite. So at the next area managers meeting I presented these "candidates" for consideration and the three correct profiles were approved all the others were not, with a somewhat smug satisfaction I explained what I had done and asked if I was to dismiss these "failures" . Never had to do any testing again after that!

Jeff :devil:

Pimps...aah...you just gotta know how to play 'em.

I'd do my utmost to present a slick, 2 minute shpiel which no recruitment agent could ignore. Then, I'd go for the interview (or whatever the next step is). Only when I got the job would I decide whether to p*** people off by telling them what I really thought of them. After all, the best way to hurt this agent is either (a) explain to the client that because of the agent's actions I don't...sniff...feel that the role is right for me or (b) work on a short term contract, become indispensible to the client and work with the client to screw the agents margin down to as little as possible for the rest of my (extensive) time there.

No, of course I've never done (b)   ;) .

In the meantime, I would have other roles lined up. Getting a job is like running a hotel, it's all about volume.

Taffy, it's my inference (from your ex company director status) only so no offence meant, but is it likely are you suffering from age discrimination?

Taffy, it's my inference (from your ex company director status) only so no offence meant, but is it likely are you suffering from age discrimination?

Good spotting Peter! Yup Im Fifty and F**ked! :D

Good spotting Peter! Yup Im Fifty and F**ked! :D

Get a teaching certificate as soon as possible...this is something I'm considering now because I reckon there'll be more of us in your predicament in future.

Also, I am a sad numerologist who likes coincidences. Not only are you 50, but you're also (at the time of writing) the 50th most prolific poster.