A Newbie

DENNISTHEMENACE

I have just bought a 1997 Westfield Sports 2000 LE SEiW in Canary Yellow. Zetec 2.0 16v, Less than 8k miles on the clock. Only picked it up on Monday night and drove 50 miles home in it WOW :D  :D  :D

I thought my Audi TT (225BHP chipped to 265BHP) was quick but the cornering sheer grunt and noise of the Westy was amazing. My wife, who normally does not get excited about cars and sees them only as a means from getting from A to B said that the drive home was fun (brushing the knots out of her hair ) and is now planning our first weekend drive, weather permitting.

I look forward to meeting some of you guys and girls at meetings etc. :) and some interesting exchanges on the forum. My membership cheque is in the post too.

See you around soon

Dennis

Congratulations on your purchase, you made a sensible choice  ;)

Nice to see you have already twigged about becoming a member, you must have been reading these posts for a while  ;)

Where abouts are you based?

Welcome aboard Dennis, you've picked a cool car (carbon copy of mine ;)).

Oh, and it's no fun if people come on here having already decided to join. Where's the fun in that? :D

Andy

I have only been reading for a couple of weeks (the posts that is :D )

I live in Bristol but born and bread Mancunian

Hi Andy

I have black fake carbon fibre on rear wheel arches rather than genuine stainless.

What number is yours, mines 13 :devil:  no, I am not superstitious.

Great Choice :D

Great Colour :t-up:  :t-up:  :0  :t-up:

Living in Bristol you'll be well placed to go to the Bristol & Bath area meetings and our South Wales 7's meets in Chepstow!!

I'm impressed by your wife.....mine has yet to even sit in mine..... :(  :0

Sorry, didn't spot the 'LE' bit, presume that's 'Limited Edition'?

Mine isn't...just a standard Sport 2000.

I'm not far from Bristol, in Swindon.

Andy

Yes it is a limited edition of 20 cars produced. Don't know what the difference is, perhaps somedody else does.

As far as I know it's

2.0 Zetec 16v 170bhp

Factory built

on a Q plate (all new bits excluding engine which was a refurb ex Ford testbed engine?)

Leather trim

discs all round

contoured dash

long range tank

Quick shift box

And .....furtive............Yellow is the new blue  :D

The Bath & Bristol scene's all kicking off :D We had 17 westies out last Thursday blasting round the lanes out towards Hullavington :devil: and next month we're supposed to be off to Weston :D:d

You should email Ken.Robson@Domino-uk.com to get put on the mailing list (if you're not already).

- Dan.

born and bread Mancunian

:t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

YELLOW  :cool:  :cool:  :cool: