Legends racing was good on Sunday

geofff

Hi,

The legends were good value on Sunday - Poyser won - but the Westfields ran on Saturday.

I've printed off the MST timing results and see that Keith Scarfe & Bill Lancashire DNF'd on lap 5.

Anybody see what happened?

Thanks

Geoff

Yeah. I got banned for noise at Goodwood, but got it fixed OK for the timed runs...

Nob Ravin beat me too :down:

Taxi :D

Hi Geoff.

So you went along to watch the Westfields on Sunday did you. Doh...  :D I have done the same before, got the wrong day.

Anyway. Yes as you noticed we both DNF. A bit of a crash. Not too bad. We are ok and the cars are mendable so not too bad. Plus we both went off together so it doesn't upset the championship points at all.

It was close racing as ever. I got pole but got a crap start. Was chasing down Bill for a few laps and eventually got past in a great move down the inside at Graham Hill (left hander). I was really pleased with this, it was perfect. Then next lap at Druids, Bill came steaming up the inside when I was well into the corner and his front left rode up over my rear right. Both went off into gravel and out.

I guess it was a typical racing incident. I blame him for crashing into the back of me when I was clearly in the lead and he blames me for turning in on him. I am a bit p******** off with this as I was miles in front when he hit me and when ever the situation is reversed and I go for the gap up the inside, I always seem to be able to avoid contact when he shuts the door. Any how, it is one of those things. Given how close the racing has been in ALL of the races so far this year, this was bound to happen sooner or later.

My car is not too bad, only bodywork damage, I checked all the suspension last night and it seems fine. Bill’s seems a bit worse, I didn’t ask too much. Bell housing seems to have cracked (from the impact of take off or Landing I guess) and the clutch doesn’t disengage so this will be engine out to fix. I also saw a bent front wishbone. So it is all fixable. Should be out ok for the next one, but my car may look a bit of a mess of fiberglass patches and tank tape.

Cheers.

Keith.

Hi Keith,

Donnington Bank Holiday Monday - I'll keep repeating it too myself.

Ouch! I should think the cost of a wishbone, set up and 2nd hand bellhousing is less than a tub. Only difference being you can probably leave the tub until the end of the year. How many times have you re-bodied the car? Is it an eventual re-body job?

As you say racing incident - even if it's 50/50, 70/30 or 100/0. And the championship is really between the two of you. Did the clerk of the course have anything to say?

Ta

Geoff

Yeah. I got banned for noise at Goodwood, but got it fixed OK for the timed runs...

not still upset bltman, :(

it was my bl**** inlet side that they did no like :angry:

place to avoid next year, i think ???

top venue, oddly orgonised, long way to go for little fun :arse:

I would have thourght you had got use to that by now  :D  :D  :D

Ducky.

I had both inlet and exhaust problems, miraculously fixed by bolting what turned out to be a totally empty piece of ally tube on to the outside of the tail pipe ???:bangshead:

I'm probably going to go again next year though, despite my reservations earlier in the week, mostly because it's practically my home event...

Nob.

Bog off...

:D

Nob.    Bog off...

Blats at his eloquent best  :D  :D  :devil:  :D  :devil:  :D  Eve'nin Blats  :D  :D  :D

*Pedant mode on*

Geofff - Keith won't be at

Donnington
on Bank Holiday monday - he'll be at Donington instead  :D  :D  :D  ;)  ;)  :D

pedant mode off*

Sorry the mispelling of Donington can create a nightmare to satnav  :D  :D  ;)  :D

Ducky.

I had both inlet and exhaust problems, miraculously fixed by bolting what turned out to be a totally empty piece of ally tube on to the outside of the tail pipe ???:bangshead:

We used to do the same sort of thing when I raced karts. On the end of the silencer we placed what looked like a baked been can with three holes in the side and that dropped the DB by a major amount. This is not a new idea just simple and effective. Don’t know how it will affect back pressure though. If you have a lambda boss in your manifold Blatters I will measure it next time you are down.  ;)

No, you mis-understand. There was *nothing* restricitng flow out of the tail pipe after the first corner of Blatgirls run, yet the car was 3db quieter...