I'm curious..

Luke_Eliasz

Colaciccoj - thanks. will have to look further into the course. the local meeting is held about a mile away. so nothing to be lost by goin down and having a word with people.

Luke_Eliasz - was in the westfield. dad and i shared the car. only done the afternoon. so i had 2 runs dad had 1. definately doing the full day next time. if u live close to a circuit some one might take you out if u ask nicely enough. depending on if u have to pay any extra for the track insurance or wotever. managed to overtake an rx7, few minis and porches. only had to pull over once to be took over and that was by a fellow westfield driver.

in all honestly look at old cheap cars for your first car. keep out of trouble for a cpl of years and save any cash you can. things start to become a bit easier then. its a big expence when u are driving which you wont be able to comprehend untill u are actually driving. insurance and buying the car isnt everything. MOT, road tax and any repairs needed also need to be taken into consideration.

mike

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luke_Eliasz

• Blatman

• Mike

• Colaciccoj

Well i've got money for my first car sorted, mum has it. I'm probably going to get a 2/3 yr old car, not sure what yet, just a normal small first time car.

Do you have any pics from your trackday, and what westfield do you have?

Luke, all quots are different if i had phoned on a different day the figure would be different.

by the time you will be getting behind a wheel (with a licance) i would have no boubt that insurance will be different.

i would cirtantly not worry about the insurance bit for the timebeing, buy the bits build the car then insure it.  The cost will not matter when you are dirving arround in your Westfiled (something i am also waiting to do, i need to buy a house with a garage)

try not to stress about it. i bet no one on this site thinks too much about their car insurance it is just something you have to have.

Remember, most track days have a minimum age for passengers set at 16 years old...

Remember, most track days have a minimum age for passengers set at 16 years old...

Well i'm currently 15, so i suppose i'll have to wait a bit.

didnt know that. any one know how much tracks normally charge for a passenger?

mike

sorry no pics from track day as i was lazy and didnt get out of bed early enough to get things sorted.

heres a pic of my (well my dads) car.

frontandside.jpg

mike

it has a tonneau cover some were in the garage but it aint been fitted yet. had the car on the road 2 years. too much fun drivin it than havin it parked up. only comes out when theres no rain clouds over.

mike

The links page of the main site has links to loads of web sites with all the content you could wish for. Plenty of them are build diaries, and they are all pretty good. Go have a surf...

The links page of the main site has links to loads of web sites with all the content you could wish for. Plenty of them are build diaries, and they are all pretty good. Go have a surf...

Will do.

Hi Luke,

About the insurance discounts for whe you're a copper, I shall ask my cousin who is a Task force intelligence officer (he's done the lot from normal bobby, traffic cop and detective).

I know I certainly get a discount due to my job as I'm classed as a professional driver as I'm a Class 1 HGV driver.

You talk of doing a advanced driving course, this should bring your premiums down a bit while your still young, but premium will still be high because your the wrong sex, (male drivers seem to be put into a high risk catergory due to the boy racer stereo type, even though more females are now taking this role up they don't get penalised as much.)

If you ever get the chance to drive a HGV take it, you'll have alot of respect and patience for HGV's when your driving on the roads, espicailly roundabouts, junctions and tight city/town driving. I think a lesson driving an artic should be compulsory for all drivers.

HTH and welcome aboard.

Thanks Crash, i appreciate you asking your cousin about it. I am planing on taking the pass plus, and any other course i can take to lower my premiums as it will work out alot cheaper. Thankyou.