Mira

Arm

Good day at Mira yesterday, if anything it was too hot. Did anyone else think the track or their tyres went off, because looking at the times most people seemed to get slower as the day went on.

It was annoying for me as I bettered the class lap record twice in practice in the morning then couldn't get close in the timed runs. In particular on the last run the handling had deterioriated to big drifts - not snapping out just gradually letting go.

Ash, you were unlucky to beat record twice in practice and yet just miss it in timed runs although why we had 3 practises and 2 runs is still a mystery as was the 45min break mid morning and the 3pm finish !Although I think my last run was my fastest it was definately hairy on the long left hander as the back end kept drifting out and losing grip. I think the sun fried my brains as we waited for first timed run in about 30 deg C

Yep it was hot and frazzling - I reckon the marshalls and officials well deserved their refreshment breaks  :D  :D  :D  

Just wish they'd have had 2 practice and 3 timed runs as noted in the regs  ;)  ;)  ;)  Rather than the "on the day" decision made  :(  :(  :(  First time there and will return  :D  :D Even I felt the big left hander felt less grippy  :blush:  :D

yep,really hot wish id had a drinks pipe fitted to the helmet.. :D  :D  :D

think the chuck wagon had a run on water..

cant believe the grip ,very happy once id found the problem with my gearbox,loved the speed trap ,100mph and no points on my license :D  :D  :devil:

Barney

think the chuck wagon had a run on water..

Quelle surprise  :D  :D  :D

They ran out of gas to cook with at Brekkie time :down:  :down:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :p  :p Great planning  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :p  :p  :durr: Reminder: Check gas before leaving base  :p  :p  :durr:  :durr:

Better than the burger van at Goodwood, who contrived to run out of buns by 08.30 :bangshead:

Had some by lunch time though :D

I really try not to complain about things that happen at these events because I'm not sure I could do any better.

But I really dont understand why we had 3 practice runs when the risk of a big delay (an accident, timing failure,or the weather getting too hot) could have ruined the whole meeting.

In my eyes the main purpose is to cleanly get to the timed runs (thats what we are there for). If we had got at least 1 timed run in before lunch the result for many people would have been different and it was predictible what was going to happen with the extreme heat.

Mrs Westy

I am pragmatic about these sprints, it was still a v.good result and I'm pleased that everyone drove well and the results were close in class D.

Ash, please confirm that Rachael will do report and that way you can get your points across. I think that we could have had 2 practice & 4 timed runs without much pressure to anyone. Great track to attack and just wanted more of it as did Turbo Tommy  :D

Terribly sorry to hear about this Ash!!  :D

It's been there since 2001 and it's about time you beat it. Still I think it's one of the better ones.