pop ups

Only a few weeks ago I saw some advice on the boardroom about how to stop those annoying pop up messages appearing all the time.

At the time I wasn't that intereseted since I hadn't seen that many pop ups.

However, everything has changed recently. Pop ups seem to appear on my monitor every few minutes. So I have desperately tried tofind the advice from a few weeks ago about disabling them, but I can't find anything.

Can anyone offer ay advice, or point me towards the original message string?

Cheers - Mark

I think the search function is broke.........

I just tried a search for "pop up", and it came up with nowt. It should have found your posting at least, so I guess there's a glitch in the matrix somewhere.........

In the words of Rocky..........

Adrian...............ADRIAN...........

It was me that started the topic. It was recomended to use ad-aware which i downloaded free and installed but i still get loads of the damn things. :arse:  :arse: and double  :arse:

there was a topic before the one steve started. if you are running XP there is something in it that stops them, i did it on mine ages ago so cant rermember how i did it sorry :sheep:

FOUND IT

What you need is something called Pop Up Stopper - download it for free on downloads.com. it's listed under 'most popular downloads'.

HTH,

Minghis

Check that you don't have gator installed as that creates merry hell!  It normally gets downloaded on the back of music search programs.