• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

old skool classics

ROC

Space Invaders, Asteroids, Defender and Missile Command were my favourites, and I have them all on my PC

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexcellent

Where from? I tried getting them a long time ago but I couldnt get `em to work emulator wise IYKWIM I rember playing them all on clear glass table TV`s while having a few pints in pubs etc..........after 5 pints of 1664 it was interesting.

My son had a game that came out about 14 yrs ago  :oops: with a top down group of US soldiers, Cannon Fodder I think it was called, brilliant fun, anyone know where I can get that on the net?

Not sure about getting them on the 'net, (look up a company called Hasbro) but I got mine from Toys r Us, from the cheap CD shelf. I got all the games NickM lists on one CD, plus a couple of others, for £4.99. The Mssile Command game came on it's own CD for the same money.

They run fine on Win98SE...

Call me sad but i've built an joystick to use when playing these games

1855.jpeg

I've downloaded the Mame emulator and loads of games from the net and when you play them with the console it feels like the real thing!!!

Here's some examples (sorry for the poor quality).

Missile Command 1860.jpeg

Galaxians 1859.jpeg

Defender 1857.jpeg

Moon Cresta 1856.jpeg

Donkey Kong 1858.jpeg

If anybody is interested i could probably put a package together with the emulator (it's freeware) and selected games and email them to you. I think the emulator is about 5mb zipped and the games anything from about 8kb upwards (e.g Missile Command is 16kb zipped).

What do you think?

Cheers

Simon

Defender was  :cool:  anyone remember Galaxian (a bit like space invaders, but they swept down from the top and sh*t on you)   :D

Yep - one of my favourite games.  In fact yesterday I got Space Invaders, Galaxian and Galaga for my Gameboy Advance yesterday !!

I'm not sure SWMBO was overly impressed with my communication attempts last night - the occasional grunt while I remained focused on alien annihilation wasn't really what she was looking for I don't think....  :blush: