Megabusa/Megabird

nickwestbrook

Can,t post on wanted board because I am not a member?

Anyone want to sell a Megabusa/Megabird preferably a factory made car?

Please email or phone me.

07711 640105

nickwestbrook@bigfoot.com

Cheers

Nick

Can,t post on wanted board because I am not a member?

Yup. Registering to use this BB does not make you a member of the WSCC. To become a member go to www.wscc.co.uk, download a membership form, and send off your 25 quid. You'll get a bi monthly mag (as well as many other benefits) which contains all manner of interesting stuff, including a whole host of members selling their cars.

Just my 2 pence worth

Both cars have their pros and conns

But be wary of the megabirds, they have a tendency to pop, well i will carefully phrase this, I have been TOLD they have a tendency to pop, i did read a few threads on the BEC forum about people having first hand trouble with oil flow (yes they were dry sumped), so do some checking with those that have actually owned them (seems a lot of Chinese whispers around LOL)

I have a megablade and its an ace little car, ive had the brakes and suspension set up, and it fly’s around country lanes at incredible ease Jbut have been in a busa, and it felt much quicker than mine in straight line (nought in it for cornering and that), so i too want one, but cant afford one.  Id be afraid to thrash a 3k engine L  but a cheep little blade engine at much less cost makes more sense to me (hay if I could afford a busa, and have some cash spare to replace it just in case, id join you, but as it stands I have cash spare for a replace meant engine just in case, as they are quite cheep)

Have you considered a blade car?

There is a dude selling  a busa at the newark show on Sunday, its lime green, pretty well built, he was asking 13.5k for it, seems a nice price, but you’ll need to add a dry sump if its on track so im told.  I went to see it when I started looking, but it had no SVA, and had been for sale for some time so I was told, so I went for an easer cheaper option (saved me 4 grand) and went with a mint blade.  But the green westy was IMCULATE, the builder was a nice chap , who really took his time (so it looked) and was one of those people who had a good eye for attention for detail.

he is in stoke , but i don’t have any details sorry.......SO GREEN WESTY MAN FROM STOKE!!!!!!  GET IN TOUCH lol

Check piston heads, there was a bird on there not so long ago

Good luck finding a car, Sorry if you knew all that before hand, not trying to sound like a know it all.

Thanks catflap.  I had thought of a megablade as well but thought the additional ccs might help haul a lard like me along better.  Interesting what you say about the bird.. Have had differing stories, though most seem to think dry sump sorts out any probs.  I have looked at a factory megabird on pistonheads, lovely car but the owner will not commit to selling, drove all the way to Hampshire from Kent and liked the car but then he announced that he was'nt sure he could sell?

Still waiting to he back from him, in the meantime I thought I would try and find others for sale.  Probably wrong time of year to look.

If anyone knows green megabusa mans number would be very interested.

Nick

Ill keep an eye out for him, as i am in stoke myself, but i have never seen it around, to be honest it lookes like it dont get driven much  (it was that clean)

But be wary of the megabirds, they have a tendency to pop, well i will carefully phrase this, I have been TOLD they have a tendency to pop, i did read a few threads on the BEC forum about people having first hand trouble with oil flow (yes they were dry sumped), so do some checking with those that have actually owned them (seems a lot of Chinese whispers around LOL)

hehehe, you know I'm watching Mr Flap   :D  :p  ;)

I have looked at a factory megabird on pistonheads

Hi Nick, that does look like a cracking car that one, shame about the seller :angry:

Dave

heheh :blush:

I find allot of people just pass on stereo typical perceptions without having any first hand experience, i like to call them internet clecka boxes hehe, (ahh birds blow up, mechanical reverses low up all the time, the list is endless etc) but few of these people have actualy HAD a bird blow up,

Same with reverse gears ;)

Hence my cynical comments hehehe

didn’t blackbird motor sport race one successfully at lemans? with no reliability issues?