Falconry/Birds of Prey day (Northants Area)

ROC

Thanks to one of our members (Dave Muttock) using his contacts, he has been able to arrange a Falconry day (Saturday 21st August) at Holdenby House in Northants. Holdenby House is a beautiful stately home dating back to the 16th century with fantastic gardens. This is a unique chance to spend a day with the Falconers and to handle/fly the various birds of prey. http://www.holdenby.com/page5.htm

This is the sort of thing that you only normally get to watch at country fairs etc, not to take part in.  

This is a full day for only £30 and will include a bbq at the end.

Would anyone interested please reply below and I will advise you of timings/location.

Thanks,

Rich

Tha'll be an interestin day out - good on ya guys for soemthing different  :D  :D  :D

Sorry I can't make it  :(  :(  :down:

Rich.

Were u at the TV area meeting on Sunday? If so we may have spoken briefly about the falconry day.

I'm on for it defo - put me down for two places!

I'll take the missus along as a Birthday pressie for her. She did one years ago as a xmas pressie and loved it!

Let me know details and payment method etc.

Cheers,

Neil

neil@n-hatton.demon.co.uk

Put me down as interested, subject to life not getting in the way...

That's a good point. When I said "I'm interested", I meant of course, me and Blatgirl :oops::love::blush:

Neil,

Thanks for your interest, you would have spoken to Dave on Sunday, I started out for the meet but bent the car slightly on the way down  :blush:  :blush: a definate lack of any driving talent being the main cause :D

No need for advance payment, we will sort it out on the day, we are just waiting for the timings from the Falconry guys and will let you all know soon.

Cheers,

Rich.

Steve & Neil,

The timings for the day are:

Arrive at Sixfields (Northampton Town FC Ground) and meet in McDonalds car park between 9.45-10.00am for a coffee.

Travel to Holdenby House for an 11am start

11am to 2pm with the Falconers

2-2.30pm break

2.30 to 4.30pm with the Falconers

4.30 to 6pm BBQ.

Any questions please ask, look forward to seeing you all on the 21st.

Rich.

Hi.

I (+ girlfriend) would be interested in coming along to this as well. Do you have to officially book or do we just turn up on the day?

Thanks.

Keith,

All I need to know is if you both are definitely coming.  Paying cash on the day is fine. I need to firm up the numbers so please could you let me know.

Thanks,

Rich.