Thames Valley Area

shaun

Our next area meeting is Sunday 8th August from noon onwards at the Bird in Hand Knowl Hill (A4 between Reading and Maidenhead)

I am now looking for additional support to run the area or even somebody to take over full time.  If you wish to be involved then please let me know, I will give you my full support and help out where necessary.  With my move up to Northamptonshire last year I have been unable to put as much effort and time in organising events as I would have liked to have done.  

Look forward to seeing you this Sunday.

Shaun

Might be an opportunity for any neighbouring areas for a run out to the Thames Valley  :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Weather is looking good.  :D

I'll be there.  Anyone else going 'cos there's not been that many attendees so far this year?  I guess that's down to the dodgy weather :(   but let's hope it's nice on Sunday  :)

Steve

I'll be there.  Anyone else going 'cos there's not been that many attendees so far this year?  I guess that's down to the dodgy weather :(   but let's hope it's nice on Sunday  :)

Steve

I think that might be my fault as I said before I haven't been putting in as much effort as I should have been recently due to distractions elsewhere.  :oops:

Hopefully we'll change this on Sunday - intend to increase the numbers by bringing a few of the Northants crew down.

Weather is looking good  :cool:

Like you say events that have been organised recently  - for example Meet the neighbours - Stoneleigh, Uxbridge Kit car show have been affected by the weather.   :(

Looking forward to catching up on Sunday where we can openly discuss what we want to achieve from our area meets.  As you know I am always open to suggestions.  :D  :D

Shaun,  thanks for a good run out today shame about Rocs car, I felt realy guilty having to leave him at silverstone,no doubt we can rally round and help him out with it,speak soon Davem

Shaun,  thanks for a good run out today shame about Rocs car, I felt realy guilty having to leave him at silverstone,no doubt we can rally round and help him out with it,speak soon Davem

Dave

Great run out, Rich will be there next time, at the end of the day the car is just a piece of metal (and GRP) which can easily be fixed.  In a few months time we'll look back at this and have a laugh.

Main thing is Rich didn't get hurt and lesson learnt (don't go round roundabouts tooooo fastttt  !!!!!!!   :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p )

Great to see so many faces today including Dave from Northants, Terry and John from Surrey.  We'll have to organise some more events to get adjacent areas together, we normally meet on different days of the month so could organise runs out to meet up - something for the calendar next year.

Taken a few pictures today so will get those on the website.

Any volunteers for AO - don't be shy???

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

And James are those tyres really road legal???   NOT.  :devil:  :devil:   Serously wide on the rear end.

We get to see the Peter Osborne machine a last - Nice motor  :D  :D

Thanks lads,

Glad you had a good run out.

Damage could have been a lot worse and should be fairly easily sorted, what a muppet I am  :blush:  :durr:  :blush:  :durr:

Rich.

Pictures from Sunday here

TVmeet-017.jpg

Nitrous under test (extra rubber to cope with the power)

Don't know about the tyres being illegal - how come there's so many cars with no number plates??

Hey, someone's stolen all the letters and numbers off my plate - how'd that happen??!!