SEiW Westfield Supplied RAC Rollbar

Jon Murray

For sale:

Black powder coated Westfield supplied RAC rollbar with rose jointed adjustable rear stays – please see the photo's after this text.

Bought new from Westfield in May 2002 – receipt available.

The bar was removed from my car in August 2003, when I sold the car, so it only saw limited use (and was never needed! )

Half new price at £120.00 (firm).

This roll bar is complete with all fixings, rose joints, nuts, bolts, washers, sleeves and 'trumpet' spacers to fit to a wide bodied Westfield.

The bar and it's integral diagonal brace are in really good condition with one very light & small scratch (about 3mm long) and one small 'knick' to the powder coating as shown in the first close up picture (I unfortunately dropped a 1/2" Whitworth die on it).  These are hardly noticeable, but I thought I'd mention them.

The rear adjustable stays have some localised wear and scratching to the powder coating:  The powder coating has worn through on both stays in a couple of small places at the point where they passed through the carbon boot cover (so not noticeable with a boot cover in place) and there is some scratching along their length from me lifting the boot cover up along there length to gain access to the rear suspension.  Although the scratching is not too bad (applying 'Back to Black on a rag would cover the scratches), to be mint, they would need re-powder coating.  I have taken a close up shot of the area where the powder coating has worn off one of the rear stays (this is the worst one).

I would prefer not to post this item, so will initially be offering it to those who either:

A) Fancy a nice blat out to East Yorkshire to pick it up,

B) Alternatively I could meet you somewhere on the M62 as I travel 65 miles from Brough (15 miles west of Hull) to Halifax each day.  

C) Or, I could drop this off at either the East Yorkshire Westie meet or the Yorkshire Area meeting.

If it's not sold after two weeks, then I'll be offering it nationwide, I would need to check the final postage costs, but at a guess it'll be about £20 as it's quite a heavy item.

Here's the photo's:

1836.jpeg

1837.jpeg

The one above shows the small 'knick' in the roll-bar's powder coating.

1838.jpeg

The one above shows the typical wear to the rear stays where they passed through the carbon boot cover I had fitted.

All the best,

Jon

bargain this wont take long to go :p  me aready got one ,or should i buy a spare just in case :D

Provisionally Sold to Steve F

Thanks Steve !

Jon

Didn't think it would take long..........daft not to... :bangshead:

Jon,

If it doesn't get sold can I have the next go for it please.

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi Mark,

This has been a popular item!  Quite rightly too, your noggin is definately worth saving even at the full new price.

2nd and 3rd dabs have already been requested via PM's.  But should they all fall through, then you have 4th dab.

All the best,

Jon

Thanks Jon,

Wish I'd looked on earlier in the day, I normally do but was doing some work for a change!  :bangshead:  :oops:  :D  :D

Mark.

Absolutley bl**** typical of my luck.Guess what arrived from the factory today, at vast expence.

:arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:

Mark,

I think I shall probably end up doing the same, does the factory one still come with separate stays or is it all welded together?

Cheers,

Mark.   :)

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.