Fish & Chip Run... Notts and Derby

westyfield

IT'S NOT GOING TO RAIN NEXT THURSDAY!

OK, so here's the plan again.... meet at The Peacock, Oakerthorpe for 7ish next Thurs, August 5th.

Take off for about a 25 mile run up to the chip shop on the Market Place in Longnor, going via Crich, Cromford, A5012 ViaGellia, Newhaven, A515 towards Buxton and left through Crowdecote to Longnor... sit and eat fish, chips and mushy peas and then go home.. probably by candlelight!

We have just returned this evening from a run up there to sample the wares and they were just "Luvely".. beautiful chips, crispy batter.. Sat inside at this old fashioned chippy with linen table clothes, bread and butter, pot of tea.. eh it wor grand!

Who's up for trying again...?

If i can get my car MOT'd and Tax'd, the weather is fine and get away from work a bit earlier...........i'll be up for it :t-up:

errmmm not sure ATM. Mother and father-in-law in hospital (different ones) with fairly serious ailments and due to go on holiday on the Saturday for a couple of weeks. Might leave it until last minute and then see if I can blag a lift off someone (Mark?)

Kerry S

.....the weather said 80% chance of rain tonight, Wednesday, and it's been fine and warm. It says 40% for tomorrow! If the weathers a bit iffy give me a call... but as now, we are ON!

Well I dunno what it like for you guys at the Peacock but it was heaving down in Derby.

I'm going off this Westfield business - images of driving around in the sunshine are fading with every Thursday.

Should I cancel my order......mmmmm...maybe not. It won't be as wet next summer will it?

Sorry to miss you guys - family trouble.

Kerry S

Guys and Gals - I did attempt to come this time  :D

However after spending an hour and a half in the garage swapping wheels and checking things, I didn't set off till 7.

Got half way and ended up in hailstones, so turned around and wimped out - thought I 'd got home dry ish when a thunderstorm started a mile from home - drove into the garage dripping.

Hope you guys had more luck

I GIVE UP!.... well, the sun was shining at six, Val and I went up to The Peacock to see if anyone would  be along. Had a drink sat on the wall and viewed the big black clouds miles away in the distance towards Derby.

Low and behold on the stroke of seven the heavens opened! and it rained and it rained....!

An hour on and with hood up we took off for Belper along flooded roads, ate fish and chips sat in Westfield overlooking the river gardens.. very romantic!

Sorry for bottling it but I already had the thunderstorms and heavy rain at 1830.

I was looking forward to this all day.

Perhaps third time would be lucky?

See you al at the next north Notts/Dertby meet :D