Upsetting bikers

Stumpy

Went for a blat on Wednesday, chasing bikes like a greyhound after a rabbit.

:devil:

Only problem is where ever the bikes are the Bobbys are sure to follow. :(

Funny to see the faces when they can't lose you.

You should've been there the week before.... must've been 800 bikes and er, 1 copper :)

Can I take it that your car is on the road then Stumpy?

Got any spare oil pump bits for a poorly V8 in Kellington :)

Si

Being both a biker and a Westy driver myself I know for a fact that I am quicker in the Westy on the twisties - a bike doesn't stand a chance or out handling a true performance car in twisties (example: Catalunya race circuit - F1 cars are over 30 secs quicker than MotoGP bikes).  A car has four large contact patches on it's rubber, whereas a bike has two about the size of a credit card.

In a straight line, or long fast corners though I think things would be a different matter - my westy doesn't even come close to my CBR in a straight out drag... and that surge of power as you hit 8000rpm all the way up to 14000rpm is unbelievable. :D

When I used to live in Macclesfield I used to enjoy chasing the bikes over the cat n' fiddle... :t-up:

Sure give the bikers a chase, but give them a bit of space too, there's nothing more scarey than being on a bike and having a car right up your @rse, if you hit any oil, gravel etc, you'll low side and the car will go straight over the top of you!  :down:

Hi Rich,

The cat & fiddle is one of my favourite playgrounds too, I was up there on saturday, cracking blast over the tops from congleton and then the cat & fiddle run to macclesfield, went on the leek road for a bit but turned round cos it was that windy, the bikes were having real trouble so you could go past them no probs, they had a big enough job trying to keep the bike in a straight line!   :oops:

I would agree with Rich

Having had fast cars and fast bikes.

I reckon my car is about the same as a non sports 600 in a straight line, somthing like a Bandit 600. Which is not a fast bike.

A Sports 600 like an R6, CBR600 etc or faster will murder my MegaBusa.

Bazzer

Great stuff Mark!  Some top roads round there!

Unfortunately I live down South now and I do miss the Cat N Fiddle - don't know if you saw a police incident up there last weekend, my friend was wiped out on his bike by another bike that lost control - fortunately he's alright but his bike's a mess!  Bikes don't like cross winds  :bangshead:

There are some fantastic roads around there, take any of the side roads off the cat n fiddle and it's like being on a rollercoaster (plus they tend to be quieter).  I believe they have stuck a 50 speed limit all the way across now?

Hi Rich,

Yes unfortunately the cat & fiddle part to macc is now a 50 limit with a gatso on there & usually a fair amount of cops, I prefer the congleton route as it's a bit quieter tbh, just have to watch out for sheep!  :oops:

Sorry to hear about your mate, hope he's ok, I must admit I like bikes & did my cbt years ago, but never took it any further & prefer to stay on 4 wheels, the westy is after all a 4 wheeled motorbike really.  :D

I think i've got a poorly oil pump. Stripping it down tomorrow. I know Stumpy is only down the road from me that's why I mention it

I have a friend who lives in Macc. on Buxton road.He reckons an ambulance goes past his house every Sunday,towards Buxton.Sometimes 2 or 3 times......mind you he says the ambulance driver never manages to beat the bikers to the Cat & Fiddle :p